PEAX Equipment

montana lodging

HowieNH

would love some insite on tents. last fall I was in Montana to hunt elk with my brother. i brought the slide in camper and my fourwheeler. lots of gas money has me thinking about bringing a tent this year. I really like the Hilleberg tents Randy uses but would like some info on beau baty's new tents.

I used a Kodiak Canvas Flex Bow tent this past elk season. Coming from a Hilleberg Nallo 2 GT, it was like moving into a mansion!!

The Kodiak held up well to wind, rain, and was amazing for two folks. Easily fit 3 folks comfortably. I was cautious going to a canvas tent, as I had never had one, but wouldn't trade it for anything now. Hopefully that helps.

wow checked it out seems like the ideal tent for my mt hunt trips. im thinking i could take it up the river in the wooldridge jet as well. got the little buddy heater already. thanks again😎

Comparing apples to oranges here.
Need to figure out what type of tent your looking for first.
Big difference between a 4-8 lb tent and a 50-80 lb tent

you always think yur gonna hike in for miles so think u need a packable tent. and I'm by myself or with the grandkids so a wall tent is out. thats what i liked about beau baty's tent. the kodiak tent seems to be a great all season comprimise. that was why i put the post out there kinda needed some new insight to nail down a plan. Thanks all

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back