PEAX Equipment

Montana legislative scorecard

Sytes: I agree with what Nameless said about making the elected body more extreme on both ends, but another issue is many elections are determined in the primaries. A closed primary effectively denies an independent or democratic person the chance to vote.

RobG, thanks for the work you and others did to help get the word out on the Grubbs v. Wittich race. For the fringe leader of their party, Wittich, to get an ass-handing in his own primary should be a wake up call to the fringe operators. Just that primary result will change the landscape in Helena next winter in a big way. Thanks again.

RobG, thank you and the Montana Sportsmen Alliance for providing information about the elections. I think the hunters and anglers in the Gallatin Valley who recreate on public accessible land and water had an impact on getting Bruce Grubbs nominated over Wittich. The voters I talked with were very interested in having a representative who supported and understood and used public hunting and fishing opportunities in Montana. Many of the people I talked with vote "R" from time to time but they also are public access hunters and anglers. They want someone in Helena who will at least sit down and have a civil discussion about resident sportsmen's issues.

Back