Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Montana HD 455 - Beartooth WMA

455 is BIG country. 99% of guys that don't use stock get their dicks kicked in. If you plan on hunting I'd try to get horses/mules lined up

yeah appreciate that. I unfortunately put in without any research of the area, so ill be putting in work on foot. live and learn right? lol give it the old college try

is 455 or even 392 known for good opertunity for Elk during archery season? ive been interested in exploring both units since I drew for 455 this year.
being that you have the tag, I'd focus on 455. pack a small camp in with a game cart 2-2.5 miles in

being that you have the tag, I'd focus on 455. pack a small camp in with a game cart 2-2.5 miles i

being that you have the tag, I'd focus on 455. pack a small camp in with a game cart 2-2.5 miles in
that helps actually, ill be getting a lot of practice hiking the area during the summer. get a game plan, or at least an Idea what to expect. either way I am excited to get outdoors and see something new. I love archery, all I need is a opertunity. just dont be laughing at me out there as you pass by on horseback haha.

Suspect! Mfrosty6 Could be a bot.
Never met a Buttian that didn’t say Butte America.
😆 mans not wrong, but hey I am a transplant from Wyoming.. I am slowly but surely transforming into what is known as "Butte rat?" haha or as my brother in-law likes to say. "Butte strong" "Butte America!" haha just don't remove me

yeah appreciate that. I unfortunately put in without any research of the area, so ill be putting in work on foot. live and learn right? lol give it the old college try
455 is not really a unit you can effectively hunt on foot, especially during the archery season. You're looking at many miles just to get back where the elk will start then you have to hunt UP from there. Can be done on a bike to at least get back to where you can start hunting, but trust me even when you get back there you're going to still have a lot of work to get to the elk and get one back to the closed road. You're gonna get you ass kicked either way without pack animals.

Attachments

• 70709596_10220212035351611_1110244854127919104_n.jpg
    70709596_10220212035351611_1110244854127919104_n.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 77
455 is not really a unit you can effectively hunt on foot, especially during the archery season. You're looking at many miles just to get back where the elk will start then you have to hunt UP from there. Can be done on a bike to at least get back to where you can start hunting, but trust me even when you get back there you're going to still have a lot of work to get to the elk and get one back to the closed road. You're gonna get you ass kicked either way without pack animals.
I am starting to realize I may have bit off more than I can chew. However I appreciate your advice, its helping me understand the area better. there is absolutely no motorized vehicles in the area then I assume?

I am starting to realize I may have bit off more than I can chew. However I appreciate your advice, its helping me understand the area better. there is absolutely no motorized vehicles in the area then I assume?
PM me and I can give you the lowdown. I live in Helena.

Correct, no motor vehicles. And you can not camp in the WMA other than the one designated spot. It is not a day hunt on foot area. You will spend too much time and energy just trying to get back to the elk and then hours walking out.

I killed a bull in there once, all the way at the back. I was alone on foot. If it weren’t for my friend and uncle coming with the horses, it would have been a loooooong one. It still was a long one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back