Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Montana Grizzly Units.

2rocky

Is there a map or list of Montana Hunting units with confirmed Grizzly Populations?

Ia the Color scheme for human traffic?
It's a modeling effort showing the routes most likely to be used by griz coming north out of the GYE. It was made a few years ago and has proven to be pretty predictive. It doesn't even take into consideration the bears from the Crown of the Continent, of which there are hundreds.

Honestly it was just a quick map to share. @Schaaf 's is probably the most accurate I have seen.

Some good figures

GenObsMap_AMAJB01020_FS.jpg

RecencyMap_AMAJB01020_FS.jpg

from : http://fieldguide.mt.gov/speciesDetail.aspx?elcode=AMAJB01020

Question-Is the grizzly boundary the east, west or dead center of the red line? Due to the width of the red line it covers a bazillon acres and if I hunt an area covered by the red line I need to know if I am safe or not.

I am use to the accuracy of the wllm1313 type of spreadsheets and graphs.

Last edited:
Question-Is the grizzly boundary the east, west or dead center of the red line? Due to the width of the red line it covers a bazillon acres and if I hunt an area covered by the red lion I need to know if I am safe or not.

I am use to the accuracy of the wllm1313 type of spreadsheets and graphs.
It's one big Bear held in by high voltage fence. Just hunt east of the fence....

Just to be safe, I'm gonna hunt ND this year...

Last edited:
I'd move that line to the Snowies and everything west. Grizzly was confirmed in the Snowies this past fall, fyi.

If you really think there is not a possibility of grizzly bears in all of Montana you are sorely mistaken. Use your noggin and just be aware. Sounds like OP wont be in Tom Minor Basin.

Is there a map or list of Montana Hunting units with confirmed Grizzly Populations?
"Where to I need to bring by Grizzly A game, outlines of GYE (Yellowstone) and NCDE (Flathead).

Connectivity heat map... white is likely blue is unlikely. Outside of the GYE and NCDE the white corridors are probably a tier 2 bear occurrence area.

Outside of those areas, you have a very very low chance of seeing a bear... like if you claimed to see one I would be decently skeptical.

1631810999294.png

1631811283408.png

and as always
1631811375380.png

Back