Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Montana Fentanyl and Meth. Mexican Drug Cartel Focus.

That whole article is BS , they legalized the drug , and now they're fighting over the money it generates . Taxes and license fee's . Plus , as a ex medical marijuana provider myself , growing weed does not produce toxic waste or poison the ground water .
Just let everyone grow their own weed , problem solved .

I literally pulled the empty miracle grow containers out of the stream with my own hands. Angeles national forest circa 2001 deer season. You ever walked in to illegal grow on public land? The pollution from them is well documented. I could give two chits about some hippie growing in his garage. But again even where weed is legal there is money to be made in the illegal sale.

My point was however that legalizing it won’t solve the problem. People OD on 3-5$ a pill prescription oxy that is easily obtainable from people who have prescriptions selling it. Cartels can put a product on the ground for a fraction of that cost and it’s multitudes more potent. There isn’t a way to make opioids safe enough for recreational use.

How ? You drive by these places with drugged up people laying all over , who are they killing ? Hopped up drug addicts on a crime spree is a fabrication for TV . It doesn't happen .

Simply, you have no idea what you are talking about. They kill all kinds of people, often their own children, relatives, and innocent people. You ever helped care for a baby whose mother was an addict? You ever spend 10 years of your life trying to be a role model for a young family member only to have his own father get released from prison and get him addicted to heroin so he could follow in his footsteps of crime and violence?. Hard drugs make otherwise good people in to criminals that are dangerous to the people around them, period.

I literally pulled the empty miracle grow containers out of the stream with my own hands. Angeles national forest circa 2001 deer season. You ever walked in to illegal grow on public land? The pollution from them is well documented. I could give two chits about some hippie growing in his garage. But again even where weed is legal there is money to be made in the illegal sale.

My point was however that legalizing it won’t solve the problem. People OD on 3-5$ a pill prescription oxy that is easily obtainable from people who have prescriptions selling it. Cartels can put a product on the ground for a fraction of that cost and it’s multitudes more potent. There isn’t a way to make opioids safe enough for recreational use.

Legal here. Every person I know that uses it gets it illegally still.

Simply, you have no idea what you are talking about. They kill all kinds of people, often their own children, relatives, and innocent people. You ever helped care for a baby whose mother was an addict? You ever spend 10 years of your life trying to be a role model for a young family member only to have his own father get released from prison and get him addicted to heroin so he could follow in his footsteps of crime and violence?. Hard drugs make otherwise good people in to criminals that are dangerous to the people around them, period.
Yes, luckily for us when that person got out they turned themselves around (finally) but I've been around it enough. It's not pretty, your not dealing with a person who has any sort of rationale in those instances. Nothing is spared as far as how they can get it as you mentioned even their own children.

Is this accurate? What precludes them from arresting outsiders? Tribal policy or some agreement with the state perhaps?
They don’t have jurisdiction over non-tribal members. They can detain and turn over to locals and order banished but that about it.

Oh , I might have a little more experience with drugs and druggies than you think . From your description of what you've been through , (I'm assuming) I've had more exposure than you . I have seen firsthand the terrible things drug do to families .
My point is , the only thing the war on drugs has proven , is that it is a lost cause .
Legal or illegal , people are going to use drugs .

Kinda like alcohol does ? In every city in America , you ask any LEO , alcohol is the worst drug they have to deal with .
ICU nurse here. The vast majority of my job is managing the complications of alcohol use. Whether that’s an 18 year old that got hit by a drunk driver, or a 50 year old with end-stage liver disease that’s acutely withdrawing. I have dealt with one fentanyl overdose in 5 years of ICU nursing. Almost every shift I’m assigned a patient undergoing alcohol withdrawal. I don’t mean to undermine the problem here, and I’m not sure what my point is. But in my experience, alcohol is THE most devastating drug with regards to the health of our community. By far.

Living in Oregon where it has been made legal... experience proves otherwise.

QQ
And due to the devastating impact of decriminalization (first in the nation), now Oregon and local leaders are trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

It’s a mess here in Oregon.

Plus no one realizes the enormous daily burdens overdosing addicts impose places like hospitals. Takes up time and resources.

Last edited:
ICU nurse here. The vast majority of my job is managing the complications of alcohol use. Whether that’s an 18 year old that got hit by a drunk driver, or a 50 year old with end-stage liver disease that’s acutely withdrawing. I have dealt with one fentanyl overdose in 5 years of ICU nursing. Almost every shift I’m assigned a patient undergoing alcohol withdrawal. I don’t mean to undermine the problem here, and I’m not sure what my point is. But in my experience, alcohol is THE most devastating drug with regards to the health of our community. By far.
Give an fetty OD a couple sprays of Narcan and they act like nothing happened. Certainly don’t have time to get admitted to ICU, it would get in the way of their next high.

Give an fetty OD a couple sprays of Narcan and they act like nothing happened. Certainly don’t have time to get admitted to ICU, it would get in the way of their next high.
That’s assuming a timely administration of narcan. The one fentanyl OD I’ve seen in the hospital, they were found down for an unknown length of time and suffered an anoxic brain injury. Can’t undo that with a dose of narcan.

Kinda like alcohol does ? In every city in America , you ask any LEO , alcohol is the worst drug they have to deal with .
Hmmm, I grew up in Portland and the city was never close to the cesspool it is now. There has always been alcohol but the legalizing of drugs is a whole other ballgame.

You ever lived in Portland? I have 3 family members who are Portland PD and would disagree with you.

When you have dozens upon dozens of businesses closing or moving out it should tell you something. REI, a liberal bastion in Portland, left the city because it became to dangerous for their employees. Legalizing drugs causes a ripple effect greater than alcohol ever has.

Last edited:
Fentanyl isn't just killing "drug addicts". Lots of people are dying from it that aren't addicted to anything. mtmuley
In my new found profession was fortunate enough to be exposed to meth and fentanyl. Then got to wait for a ride as my partner and I couldnt drive the GSA vehicle. Spent another 90 mins in e.r. being tested as we both felt "off" and boss wanted uu to be safe rather than sorry. Worse hangover like feeling the next day.
I am no looking for a full face respirator, cover alls (prolly tyvek suit type).
Sooner or later our elected officials have to realize that this isn't a race problem this is a societal problem and it amazes me how this country can be shut down damn near overnight to keep people safe, but nothing can be done to even try and stem the flow of this garbage than can kill it the smallest amounts.
The other problem is lack of prosecution and lack of room in our jails. When a mill levy comes up to expand a jail or build a new one and it's voted down voters have no one to blame but themselves, yet we have a tendency to scream when the problem continues. The boys in blue can arrest, but when the dealer or person in possession is kicked loose in two hours it almost negates the work that was done to put them there.

I'm ranting I know, I'm just as frustrated as everyone else is.

That’s assuming a timely administration of narcan. The one fentanyl OD I’ve seen in the hospital, they were found down for an unknown length of time and suffered an anoxic brain injury. Can’t undo that with a dose of narcan.
And don't forget Narcan isn't effective against the drug Tranq. I can't remember the real name of it, it causes nasty sores and isn't an opioid.

I know you can have them test your coke before you get it to make sure it doesn’t have fentanyl in it🙄
Thr addicts in my necknof the woods are "going back to meth, it's safer". That's a quote from a local officer.

They don’t have jurisdiction over non-tribal members. They can detain and turn over to locals and order banished but that about it.
The reservation I live on used to have what they called a retrocession agreement. This allowed us to issue citations to tribal members and vice versa. We could arrest an transport to Tribal Detention per the request of a Tribal Officer. Felonies were handled by the county for Tribal Members and Non Tribal Members. With the county pulling out of public bill 280, felonies of tribal members are now prosecuted by the Tribal Courts, also this Tribal Police isn't BIA. They go to the state academy rather than Artesia, NM.

Is this accurate? What precludes them from arresting outsiders? Tribal policy or some agreement with the state perhaps?
It is jurisdiction and it appears MT would benefit greatly from broadly commissioning all reservation cops. Rez cops in AZ and NM are State commissioned officers so they can apply tribal law as well as State law AND kick cases onto the BIA cops.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back