Montana drawing results

darryln75

Can anybody explain how the new Montana licensing system works and how I interpret the drawing results. When I log in to "MyFWP Information" and look under drawing results for a general big game combo license I have 2 different results. One is "Successful 2018 General Big Game Combo (released). The other result is "Not Successful 2018 General-Big Game Combo".

So How do I tell if I got a license or not...Thanks.

Clear as mud ain't it!!! LOL
My understanding is that you were unsuccessful in the first drawing. In that first drawing other people were successful in drawing a big game combo but were UNSUCCESSFUL in drawing a limited entry draw that they had chosen. When they applied they stated that they did not want a big game combo WITHOUT the LE tag. All those "turned in" Big game combo go back into a 2nd drawing for people who were unsuccessful in the first drawing (like you) and you happened to be successful the 2nd time around. Bottom line is I believe you got a license headed your way. On the other hand...I could be totally confused as to how the system works.

I agree with targetpanic's assessment.

Montana has a really dumb system in my opinion, they really need to save everyone the headache and make make permit units a separate tag and general units another and get rid of the deer/elk combo. Basically you either draw a permit and you can only hunt that unit or you can draw a general tag. Montana seasons are generous and the deer take a pounding, I don't see any wildlife management reason for the combo (although my wallet likes it).

Does anybody know when the Montana Big Game combo licenses will be mailed out?

Was told yesterday that they were printing them now and would start sending them out soon.

Back