Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Montana draw

Did someone calculate how many actual tags 3% represents? I realize it’s a guess. They said 2,482 in the press announcement. Is this the number of extra tags given out?

Last edited:
2A4F84BD-0AE9-43A2-8F20-E8B1E207F829.jpeg
Well we gave additional bull tags and then more additional bull tags. I hope you have a good hunt with your son. I’m not worried about that. I’m one of the very few that actually cares about the resource and is willing to make the cuts needed to make things better. I currently know more rifle tag holders than I ever have. After the archery boys come in you might be in for an education on how things have changed unless you have access to private. Good luck!

In some of the units where permits are issued for the messed up drawing it won’t have a negative impact over the original drawing since those units had higher quotas than there were applicants (447,595)

In the other affected units there will be an additional 10% of permits added to each hunt. That’s on top of the already expanded permit numbers from the last commission meeting.
In units 411, 417 and 799 there are going to be 10% more archery permits and 10% more rifle permits.

For example 799 is going to see @ 130 more hunters than the quota set before the draw. I think the ground effect is actually@ 30% more rifle hunters there than last year. Not sure what the difference will be for archery since there was no way of knowing how many of the 900 series permit holders hunted that unit.

Those applicants who get to redraw are almost certainly going to have much better odds for the additional 10% of permits than the applicants who didn’t draw in the first draw.

I take that back they are they just aren’t entering me in it cuz I was smart enough to fill out the app correctly
So you were unsuccessful but because you applied with just a first choice you aren’t eligible for the draw? I thought it was all unsuccessful and folks that were thrown out?

So you were unsuccessful but because you applied with just a first choice you aren’t eligible for the draw? I thought it was all unsuccessful and folks that were thrown out?
Yea I was unsuccessful on the permit , but I dunno . The way it reads says folks who “were removed” from the draw will be in a re draw

Looks like some rough figures of @ 210-220 more permits given out among the units redrawing from the 10% addition.

That would mean at least a 10% chance of drawing. Probably much higher since everyone who applied for 411-21,447 and 595 are guaranteed a permit and won’t be in the second drawing.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back