Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Montana draw

So what if a 🤡 put 799-21 for each of the 3 choices, was that app removed? They should make the application process “idiot proof” like they did the app, where people validated elk, deer, and bear tags back on March 1.

“Under administrative rule, Director Worsech has the discretion to issue permits up to 10 percent above the quota. This 10 percent will be allocated in these second drawings.”

Something else to keep an eye on, The 454 program also allows for either sex landowner permits to be allocated at 10% above the quota too.

Death by dink and dunk

Complete incompetence. You would think with everything that has occurred leading up to the draw, FPW would say "we better not screw this up" and take the appropriate steps to ensure. I know, it's no surprise, right!
Maybe an internal mock draw process, system user/internal acceptance testing, etc. would be useful prior to the actual draw. End the end though, you can't fix stupid I guess.

Reactions: DFS
Complete incompetence. You would think with everything that has occurred leading up to the draw, FPW would say "we better not screw this up" and take the appropriate steps to ensure. I know, it's no surprise, right!
Maybe an internal mock draw process, system user/internal acceptance testing, etc. would be useful prior to the actual draw. End the end though, you can't fix stupid I guess.
Or he said “the commission didn’t give me what I want, I’ll screw the draw up so I have to draw more permits”

Yup. Me too and my sources were spot on so @huntandfly can buzz off
Wasn’t specifically trying to call anyone out, I just find it kind of funny what theories emerged from lots of different people and how quickly enraged the group can become 😂

To be clear: this is a bad thing, MT FWP should be embarrassed and it will be really tough on the animals in those units now and in the future

Wasn’t specifically trying to call anyone out, I just find it kind of funny what theories emerged from lots of different people and how quickly enraged the group can become 😂

To be clear: this is a bad thing, MT FWP should be embarrassed and it will be really tough on the animals in those units now and in the future

This is just another day for FWP. I doubt theres much embarrassment felt

Pretty damn convenient for Hanky if not
I can remember Tabor being obnoxiously clear about first and only choice. Conspiracy theorist in me says they were in it for a way to get more tags. Probably not true but this is a colossal screw up.

I gotta be honest the tribe mentality around here is pretty funny. I was just trying to make a joke fellas let’s not take ourselves so seriously
I ain’t in the tribe. And 3% of applications is extremely misleading. Tags for the units are already way too high. Double or triple in most.

You had the tag in 2018, you swore the area off too much pressure. Said you would never be back. Since then they have only added permits.
Doug, I spent two seasons since hunting a general unit in western Montana, and didn’t hunt last year. I work part time in Region 7 on natural gas pipelines. After seeing what I seen in 2019/20, and other accounts in the general districts in Region 3 I hunted previously since 2013, the Custer units weren’t so bad after all! Not comparable to Wyoming or limited units Colorado, but decent over all. It was an absolute zoo in the districts we hunt in western MT. I wouldn’t not deer hunt in Region 7, but pronghorn and elk can be decent. It’s far from easy hunting elk over in Custer and from my scouting/hunting experience only since 2016 most guys drive around eating donuts and drinking coffee, complaining about not seeing any elk. Most people will not be successful in SE Montana.

Montana could be an a amazing place, and from my limited time since 1995 hunting in Montana as a nonresident/resident. it’s so pitiful to see the mismanagement of a great resource. I can’t imagine how the lifelong residents feel about what’s going on.

I’m sorry that people are so pissed about not drawing, or whatever the FWP did with the system, but people make mistakes. But giving out additional tags is not the answer. I’m ok with me and son not drawing a tag during a second draw if the FWP decides to do that, and best of luck to those that are successful.

Maybe you should turn in your limited tag as an example for us to follow

Back