Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Montana Draw results

Drew General elk tag... Did not draw the permit I wanted :( still happily heading to montana in September!
Last falls trip was to BC, so this should be a breeze

Attachments

• 20180926_133442.jpg
    20180926_133442.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
Great point, however we are coming from Eastern Canada and there is something about making such a long trip and not being able to carry a riffle.

Thanks to others for all of the back up suggestions, we havent lost hope.

Well we did it. Thank you Montana for so many opportunities. We were able to get up this morning and land a surplus general elk tag for my buddy. Both of us will be heading from eastern Canada to Montana this fall with tags in our pocket.

Two years of planning and research are coming together. We cant wait for the adventure, and if we are really lucky, maybe even the chance to harvest. Maybe we should be buying lottery tickets...

For all the naysayers out there, Montana's system is not as bad as you let on. Try looking into some of Canada's tag systems, and especially Ontario. No refunds for not being successful, not change to purchase returned tags, no surplus, no point systems all of it means less opportunity and poor wildlife management. You are very blessed in Montana.

Well 4 of my buddies have been trying individually for the last hour and they keep getting error messages. So they are not real fond of Montana’s website right now. Any tips for them as they have a lot of stress at the moment!

Well 4 of my buddies have been trying individually for the last hour and they keep getting error messages. So they are not real fond of Montana’s website right now. Any tips for them as they have a lot of stress at the moment!

I might be too late to help, but dont be click happy, just let the system and the web pages load on their time. Best of luck.

Yup, I got the same thing this morning. i suspect that is ther way of telling you all of the surplus combo tags are spoken for

my 4 guys were all on before 5 am. If it was sold out, it had to sell out in less than a second. They said the FWP parks Facebook page is full of unhappy customers.

You could not get on the system before 5am. There was a message saying that it was undergoing maintenance. At 5am we hit refresh and the screen changed allowing us to log in.

I am from Canada, a country with the worst, and most confusing, wildlife management and tag allocation programs. I was a biologist with one of the government industries for over 10 years, so I have first hand experience in how the system is not managed.

Montana has a good system that provide ample opportunity. After doing my research, reading the regs and asking the right questions, my buddy and I didnt have any problem getting our licenses. We took advantage of the process fair and square.

It there is any proof to this, There are two of us that have never been to the US to hunt before, never applied for a license in the state before, and we were both successful in getting a general elk license and a big game combo on our first try.

My buddy completed his transaction at around 5:03.

My buddy has 17 hits to his credit card before 550 am. The first at 5:02 am. The other three guys all before 5:05. The licenses sold out at 630. The State has admitted a problem on their Facebook page and via phone call, but will not honor the time stamps. Pure incompetence on the part of the state and a refusal to do anything about it when they have the ability do so with the time stamps. Very disappointed with Montana.

My buddy has 17 hits to his credit card before 550 am. The first at 5:02 am. The other three guys all before 5:05. The licenses sold out at 630. The State has admitted a problem on their Facebook page and via phone call, but will not honor the time stamps. Pure incompetence on the part of the state and a refusal to do anything about it when they have the ability do so with the time stamps. Very disappointed with Montana.
They use a 2nd hand vendor nothing to do with the state at all. It's a risk you run trying to get a first come first serve leftover tag. The original 2 drawings had a 100% draw for the elk combo.

Granted it was a third party issue but the state is still guilty of not doing its due diligence. The state cannot throw its hands up and say they are innocent. They have the ability to make it right with the time stamps.

By the way I have my tag! And I think some people didn’t get tabs based on the Facebook posts that said they applied for the draw but were not drawn. I believe that is due to the 75/25 preference point/no preference points split.

Granted it was a third party issue but the state is still guilty of not doing its due diligence. The state cannot throw its hands up and say they are innocent. They have the ability to make it right with the time stamps.

By the way I have my tag! And I think some people didn’t get tabs based on the Facebook posts that said they applied for the draw but were not drawn. I believe that is due to the 75/25 preference point/no preference points split.
I got mine too good luck to you this fall hope you find a good one.

The people on Facebook or anyplace for that matter saying they didn't get an elk combo either filled out the app wrong or applied for the big game combo. Because elk was 100% draw just like last year pp or no pp. i have called fwp and talked to others who have talked to them and all said elk combo was 100%. The tags today were on their 3rd time through the draw.

I got mine too good luck to you this fall hope you find a good one.

The people on Facebook or anyplace for that matter saying they didn't get an elk combo either filled out the app wrong or applied for the big game combo. Because elk was 100% draw just like last year pp or no pp. i have called fwp and talked to others who have talked to them and all said elk combo was 100%. The tags today were on their 3rd time through the draw.
Exactly - I’m so gdamn Sick of reading or hearing this shit ..... elk combos were 100% in the draw for the1,00000th f’n time ....... anyone who says otherwise doesn’t know what The F they are talking about . That’s all. Have a good night! Oh And congrats to those that got a leftover today !

I kept running into glitches in thesystem. After 4 tries I gave up at 5:23 a.m. figuring they were sold out. I kept getting an error messages....so it goes.

Exactly - I’m so gdamn Sick of reading or hearing this shit ..... elk combos were 100% in the draw for the1,00000th f’n time ....... anyone who says otherwise doesn’t know what The F they are talking about . That’s all. Have a good night! Oh And congrats to those that got a leftover today !
Dang, you've just been a regular ray of sunshine ever since MT results came out, lol!

Looks like FWP is making it right. Although guys waiting for the alternate list big game combo might be pist.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190508-105141_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190508-105141_Facebook.jpg
    620.1 KB · Views: 17
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back