Montana Draw results

I didn't draw for the second year in a row😡. Sucks as a NR. Land owner. Alternates list here we go.

Drew the deer combo! Be chasing some whitetails in the Sun River bottoms come September! Maybe venture up Montana way for some grayling fishing out near Red Rocks this summer as well. Maybe rainbow and browns on the Missouri, too! :)

First year applying after 2 year of hard research and I drew a NR Big Game Combo Tag. Will be my first time hunting in the west. Sad part of this is my hunting buddy was not successfull.
Option one - leftover elk combos
Option two - alternates list for big game or deer combo
Option three - B tags
Option four - pack mule / camp cook

Good luck!

First year applying after 2 year of hard research and I drew a NR Big Game Combo Tag. Will be my first time hunting in the west. Sad part of this is my hunting buddy was not successfull.
Actually with your buddy not drawing a tag is a blessing. My neighbor and his buddies take turns buying tags. Simple logic really, what are the odds of both of you getting an elk on your first trip. Exactly slim next to none. Now you both can split the price of your tag and go have an adventure of a lifetime. If successful split the meat down the middle.

Last edited:
Just bring that big Dodge you guys had last Fall. Seemed like it had a bunch of mud on it. Just remember to close the doors when you head out. mtmuley
You mean I'm not the only one that leaves their vehicle open sometimes when I go hunting.

Actually with your buddy not drawing a tag is a blessing. My neighbor and his buddies take turns buying tags. Simple logic really, what are the odds of both of you getting an elk on your first trip. Exactly slim next to none. Now you both can split the price of your tag and go have an adventure of a lifetime. If successful split the near down the middle.
Great point, however we are coming from Eastern Canada and there is something about making such a long trip and not being able to carry a riffle.

Thanks to others for all of the back up suggestions, we havent lost hope.

Drew the NR Big Game Combo but struck out on the archery breaks permit. Looking forward to chasing elk and deer in that beautiful state this fall.

Anyone know when MT refunds money for non-successful permits?
I was wondering same thing . Hopefully before June 1 be nice to use the $ for b tag apps . Don’t matter either way I have a cc I use only for hunting apps and once my tags arrive I always pay it off so no biggy. Hopefully I’ll get a call this summer saying I got a tag via alternates list .

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambushpredator
Back