Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Montana deer tag costs

Maybe if enough people quit coming FWP will consider managing for quality hunting instead of “opportunity.”
FWP thinks there’s nothing wrong

I think Fwp could manage for “opportunity” just by changing season structure to October 1st to October 31st. Make a November rut hunt a special draw. I think that would help the age class some helping the young bucks not being shot during the rut.

I applied for big game combo (deer and elk) and bought a bonus point and preference point and after tax it was $1,193.00

And I’m gonna keep doing it. I cut back on other things . I used to bye snacks and crap at gas stations now I pack my own or skip it , I go to the bar 2 days a month instead of 6 or 7 that I’ve been doing for years . Like Stated in another post it’s all about priorities. And brown bear if after 5 days of hard hunting all they found was two Tiny bucks then I think they were in wrong area or something cuz last year was a good year for most that I’ve talked to . Not saying a ton of big bucks but lots of average deer

I'll keep buying tags that I feel, even at half price, are borderline for the quality of deer in Montana these days.

Its well worth it though, to be able to hunt with my family and as long as they live in Montana, it will be an every year deal for me.

If I didn't have family there? I don't know...

The deer tag alone might be too High $ for the deer quality but when u can add elk to it for $400 more it quickly becomes not so bad a deal especially when u have 11 weeks to fill tags

Yeah. Just another keyboard expert huh Stalker? mtmuley

Listen. I have no patience for guys who whine about other states. He has deer in his state. Hunt there if he doesn't like the fees in another state.

Don't give me the keyboard expert crap! You like to rag on other members here but have no idea how you come across.

Listen. I have no patience for guys who whine about other states. He has deer in his state. Hunt there if he doesn't like the fees in another state.

Don't give me the keyboard expert crap! You like to rag on other members here but have no idea how you come across.
Sure glad you settled that one!

Hunting is not a cheap hobby, for me anyway. I'm more than happy to front the money in Montana for a Big Game Combo, turn in my Elk if I don't draw my permit and keep my Deer very expensive deer license. At the end of the day it gets me out of the house and I want to chase more deer, this comes from a guy who gets to chase some of the biggest mule deer in the world, at home, in Saskatchewan.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back