Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Montana Bighorn Poached

Do any of you "the sky is falling " hunters have any proof that the dead head law has resulted in a poaching incident. Other than this one
Unfortunately it’s the ones we don’t hear about that worry us the most

When the Governor’s tag sells for nearly 1/2 million dollars, that is a prime indicator of what trophies mean to people. Of course, not everyone can afford a tag like that, but it is a baseline of the value of what a Bighorn sheep can be worth.

How do you fine someone in accordance to what they have taken from the rest of the hunting population, which isn’t restricted to Montanans only.

I don’t know how much the fine should be, but I know it should hurt. We also need to recognize that the fine shouldn’t only exist because this guy poached, but to be enough that others wouldn’t poach.

Colorado allows only plugged rams to be sold. You may legally pick up a deadhead in Colorado, but CPW will only plug legally harvested rams. I think Wyoming's law is similar to Montana's. Is sheep poaching a big problem there? I haven't heard much on the subject.
I have 2 old sheep mount... like OLD... 50s maybe. Neither is plugged, can I legally sell them?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back