Montana Antelope Opener

dwhite0622

Antelope opener ended up being pretty successful for my brother and me. Despite what seemed like a dozen vehicles driving the county roads, we took Randy's advice and got out
to do just a little extra walking after spotting a few goats a mile or so from the road. The first group of goats we came upon had one buck and I was lucky to make a good shot on him at 256 yards. As we were sitting there discussing the success of our short walk another group came over an adjoining ridge with a handful of good bucks. I handed the rifle to my brother and ranged one of the better bucks at 256 yards (crazy, right?). He made a great shot and the buck dropped in his tracks. 45 minutes after the season opened, and only a few minutes apart from each other and we were both tagged out on public land.

IMG_1114.jpg

Idahoarcheryhunter: The Pnuma is great stuff, its really comfortable as a whole layering system and the camo pattern is awesome for a lot of the country I hunt. Im looking forward to using it for archery antelope next year.

Walkathon: I agree, the old pup has met a lot of birds, but he was not impressed with our antelope.

That dog has a sly smirk on his face, awesome! Oh yah, great 'Lopes too!

Hey, that's my dog! Oh yeah, and my kids too. So proud of that dog. I guess the boys are alright, too.

Very Nice! Congrats!

I took someones advice and avoided the opener, heading up this weekend - hope to have a similar outcome!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back