Montana Antelope draw

Do people eat swans when they shoot them?

I hunt them most every year here in NC (they give out around 4700 tags and I stay lucky I guess),, we have a large wintering population
I like them
breast meat cooked rare like steak - excellent
legs and thighs made into swan and rice, swan stew, or an asian dish (normally thai or indian curry)

heart is nice sliced and fast sauteed in butter and then eaten on a cracker
gizzard is nearly as big as your fist - usually used with the legs and thighs above
liver - make pate

yes, I like when I get a swan

Reactions: DFS
What's everyone's guess for the draw? Next Thursday?
I've got three points, 1st time applying for antelope.

I have no idea why but I’m much more excited for the antelope draw than I have been for any elk or deer tag draws the last several years . Im sure it’ll be a heavy case of disappointment as usual but Here’s to hope lol . Our party average of only 3 points probably won’t be enough to get it done for region 7 any antelope but I’m hoping the counts were good and maybe more tags than last year ? Anyone know how the heard looks in eastern Montana ?

Yeh but it was pretty bleak last year from what I’ve been told . They don’t recover over night . Hopefully they are coming back
Yes that's what I heard as well. EHD had to do with it too? Fawn numbers are usually not great the year following one of those die offs. I would say the conditions couldn't be much better for a recovery. That being said I highly doubt they will increase tags by much if any in that area.

Will be tomorrow. I hope cuz the ND deadline is midnight tomorrow and it’ll affect how I apply

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back