Montana 900-20 antelope drawing happening now

How is it possible that several states offer OTC archery only antelope to NR but in MT it's not even a guarantee for residents.

I know I'm missing something here but damn that seems off

Are all tags today? Just starting with archery?
I drew the archery only tag today, but did not see my sons rifle tag results. So I called FWP today and they told me that everything should be wrapped up in the next couple of weeks on Antelope tags.

How is it possible that several states offer OTC archery only antelope to NR but in MT it's not even a guarantee for residents.

I know I'm missing something here but damn that seems off
That is what I would like to know as well. I drew the 900 as a resident, and have for 15+ years....but it is feeling like it may become more of a true "draw" with less than guaranteed results for a resident.
This will sound like a geezer recounting the good old days (I'm 46, so "geezer-lite"), but I do remember when the idea of archery antelope hunting was an oxymoron to most people who heard about it, and when you asked a rancher if you could hunt a herd you glassed up on his property, he looked at you like you were a bit off, and said "go ahead....good luck with that." Now it is an insta-cool hunt that everyone just has to do, along with blacktail DIY in AK, and Coues deer in AZ.....

dang got bought up by all the insta hunters. Never thought I would see the day where archery antelope got sold out. Maybe that means the elk pressure will be reduced!

dang got bought up by all the insta hunters. Never thought I would see the day where archery antelope got sold out. Maybe that means the elk pressure will be reduced!
Not hardly- those insta-hunters are trying to squeeze in as many hunts a year as possible to try turning it into their job. So it's more people doing more hunts for longer lengths of time. The earlier season really makes it more attractive, since it doesn't interfere with any other hunting seasons.

Back