Montana 2022 Archery elk draw in former 900-20 units

I would rather the entire draw be redone than add permits. And I drew. But I’m sure I’m way in the minority. Be nice if you could count on fwp to actually give a shit about wildlife. Not the case in this state. They are the worst run game management agency in the west. Enough with all the bs saying otherwise.

NR who drew 799-21 here and I agree that if they indeed fooked the draw up it would be more appropriate to re-run the draw than hand out more bull permits like the jackwagon in charge probably wants to.

NR who drew 799-21 here and I agree that if they indeed fooked the draw up it would be more appropriate to re-run the draw than hand out more bull permits like the jackwagon in charge probably wants to.
There is ZERO chance they will take back anybody's prized bull elk permit. I mean come on, it was Mr Wilkes a kid with cancer or wounded vet that drew - how could you possibly ask them to turn that back in?

Redrawing 411, 417, 426, 799 only for unsuccessful applicants. Because of a wording/confusion error on their part between first choice and first and only choice.......

I don't even know what that means. So everyone who's got a tag will have a buddy to hunt with I guess.

Per source from region 5 office.

Redrawing 411, 417, 426, 799 only for unsuccessful applicants. Because of a wording/confusion error on their part between first choice and first and only choice.......

I don't even know what that means. So everyone who's got a tag will have a buddy to hunt with I guess.

For archery or for rifle or both?

Will they take back my 799-21 if they add tags and I no longer want it? (Rhetorical question) The limited number is what made the tag slightly appealing.

Any word on the numbers of additional permits this redraw will be competing for?

Unbelievable (but not really).

Sending Hank an email to state as a permit holder id rather re-draw than see more of his attempts to give bull tags out like candy.

Yeah if this is just a problem in 4 units than just redraw those units. Unfortunately it’s the only way to fix this. It wouldn’t be that big of deal however their would be a subset of folks that drew and than don’t that will be very mad. But not unprecedented, Idaho sheep. Issuing more permits is not the right move for the wildlife

Alright so, IF the applicant applied for a one of the new archery districts that replaced the 900-20 archery tag i.e. 799-21 archery tag AND you also applied for a 2nd and 3rd choice. You were automatically kicked out or dropped from the draw. That's why lots of people are seeing unsuccessful. The reason why the applicant was dropped is because in choosing those archery they are "first and only choice" areas.

Sooooooo.....

They will be taking the applicants that were disqualified and redrawing them.

If you were successful in the first round then you don't lose your tag.

This also applies to rifle tags as well. As some of them were worded first and only choice. So if you picked a second and third choice you were dropped from the draw in that sense as well.

No other districts or mule deer permits will be redrawn.

Last edited:
Airtight so, IF the applicant applied for a one of the new archery districts that replaced the 900-20 archery tag i.e. 799-21 archery tag AND you also applied for a 2nd and 3rd choice. You were automatically kicked out or dropped from the draw. That's why lots of people are seeing unsuccessful. The reason why the applicant was dropped is because in choosing those archery they are "first and only choice" areas.

Sooooooo.....

They will be taking the applicants that were disqualified and redrawing them.

If you were successful in the first round then you don't lose your tag.

This also applies to rifle tags as well.
So these areas had surplus tags?

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back