Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montana 2022 Archery elk draw in former 900-20 units

The Hedgehog

Just curious as the FWP data takes forever.

Anybody NOT draw any of the new archery permits, that used to formerly be in the 900-20 grouping, such as 799, etc..

I have a nonresident friend that didn't draw but that is all I have heard of. Everyone else drew that I know so far and that includes 3 rifle bull permits in these units as well and my circle of friends/knowledge is pretty small.

I know of two non-residents that applied for the archery option on a buddy app and did not draw.

an outfitter just told me he had several clients with 4 bonus points unsuccessful in drawing 799-21.

If it's true, they probably didn't draw the big game combo first. Or their app was lost like a lot of people I am hearing about.
I asked and he said they did draw general tags but were unsuccessful on the permit.

Two of my NR buddies drew the BG combo and got denied the 799-21 with 5 points each. Party app.

I’m hearing they are adding 799-21 permits to fix the 2nd choice glitch so round 2 is coming. Everyone is going to get a permit yet

A) Give every landowner 10 bull permits
B) Make all the quota units general for bulls, but only on private
C) Make all archery permits unlimited and double the rifle quotas
D) Pick 1st and only choice, and pump up all the quotas
E) Pretend to fudge the draw, and give everybody their permit anyway

It starts right at the top, and where he gets his ideas..

I would rather the entire draw be redone than add permits. And I drew. But I’m sure I’m way in the minority. Be nice if you could count on fwp to actually give a shit about wildlife. Not the case in this state. They are the worst run game management agency in the west. Enough with all the bs saying otherwise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back