Yeti GOBOX Collection

Montana 2022 Archery elk draw in former 900-20 units

Last night when the lady told me I didn’t draw (I never had a second choice, but did apply for one of those units) she then said there were surplus tags…so I’m assuming so.
Hard for me to believe any of those tags would have surplus

So these areas had surplus tags?
According to her no, sounds like they have a real cluster going. This appears to be some sort of band aid fix to me. I can tell you one thing I've shot my deal for my backup.

Alright so, IF the applicant applied for a one of the new archery districts that replaced the 900-20 archery tag i.e. 799-21 archery tag AND you also applied for a 2nd and 3rd choice. You were automatically kicked out or dropped from the draw. That's why lots of people are seeing unsuccessful. The reason why the applicant was dropped is because in choosing those archery they are "first and only choice" areas.

Sooooooo.....

They will be taking the applicants that were disqualified and redrawing them.

If you were successful in the first round then you don't lose your tag.

This also applies to rifle tags as well. As some of them were worded first and only choice. So if you picked a second and third choice you were dropped from the draw in that sense as well.

No other districts or mule deer permits will be redrawn.
So if you didn't follow the application rules printed in the regs, you get a 2nd chance. Totally makes sense.

What about the bonus points unsuccessful applicants did not get? I would like mine, as I paid for that.

Creative ways for the former MT board of outfitters director and FWP license chief to make good on his promises.

I find it pretty wild I know about more rifle bull tags for 799 than that of 799 archery...... and now they're drawing more.

So if you didn't follow the application rules printed in the regs, you get a 2nd chance. Totally makes sense.

What about the bonus points unsuccessful applicants did not get? I would like mine, as I paid for that.

Creative ways for the former MT board of outfitters director and FWP license chief to make good on his promises.
In talking to the gal at the office, I definitely get the feeling there's more to the story A LOT more.

I was digging into this last night a little. I don’t see anywhere in the regs that it says anything about this. There are areas where it says you can only apply as a first choice, but that doesn’t mean you can’t add a different unit as a second. There is no where in the regs that says “first and only” choice.

I remember it being talked about it in the commission meeting, but if it’s not in the regs then they can’t hold people to it. This is FWP having a major draw screw up.

That’s what I would assume. This was due to the 900 cluster break up which had no effect on rifle.
It’s for rifle too …. The wording … that’s what this is all about … how they worded first choice only for archery and rifle in these hd’s

🤦‍♂️

Under administrative rule, Director Worsech has the discretion to issue permits up to 10 percent above the quota. This 10 percent will be allocated in these second drawings.

“The fairest solution to this error is to use my discretion to give all impacted hunters the shot at a permit they’re owed,” Director Worsech said.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back