Montana 1 upped by Idaho in Wolf take shenanigans.

I don't recall the specifics of the Simpson- Tester rider. It prevents the courts from overturning delisting in the GYE I believe, but does it prevent a new ESA listing for that population?

Nope. The rider reissued the delisting order from 2009 and had the judicial review prohibition to that.

They can be relisted.

That's true, but it doesn't mean we're not in their sights.
Lol like we weren’t in their sights before? Serial litigators they haven’t quit trying to sue Idaho since wolves showed up.This has no impact on mt,wy or id

Lol like we weren’t in their sights before? Serial litigators they haven’t quit trying to sue Idaho since wolves showed up.This has no impact on mt,wy or id
We've had 9 years of seasons. If they had anything they would have "Serial Litigated"

We make it easy for "THEM" It's coming here. We're hunting over bait and at night with artificial light, and ariel gunning by all who has the means to do so. I predict they get their day in court and sooner than later.

We've had 9 years of seasons. If they had anything they would have "Serial Litigated"

We make it easy for "THEM" It's coming here. We're hunting over bait and at night with artificial light, and ariel gunning by all who has the means to do so. I predict they get their day in court and sooner than later.
No disrespect but are you Secretly hoping for it? So you can say” I was right!” Seem pretty quick to post any lawsuits even when they don’t impact the western states with seasons. We are all having our seasons right now. Our take of wolves in Idaho hasn’t changed even with the enhanced methods of take. What’s the argument for a lawsuit when Idaho hasn’t effectively reduced the number of wolves in 10 years? Which btw is 10x the minimum and 300 to 400 percent over the objective number. You might not like the additional methods or how they were passed but how can they say we are mismanaging wolves when we can’t even reduce them let alone achieve the population objectives? Not the minimum requirement the actual agreed upon objective? Anyways, you Could certainly be right but I tend to think they were coming no matter what. I wish the legislature wouldn’t have intervened but current seasons and methods were not accomplishing population goals. Not even close

No disrespect but are you Secretly hoping for it? So you can say” I was right!” Seem pretty quick to post any lawsuits even when they don’t impact the western states with seasons. We are all having our seasons right now. Our take of wolves in Idaho hasn’t changed even with the enhanced methods of take. What’s the argument for a lawsuit when Idaho hasn’t effectively reduced the number of wolves in 10 years? Which btw is 10x the minimum and 300 to 400 percent over the objective number. You might not like the additional methods or how they were passed but how can they say we are mismanaging wolves when we can’t even reduce them let alone achieve the population objectives? Not the minimum requirement the actual agreed upon objective? Anyways, you Could certainly be right but I tend to think they were coming no matter what. I wish the legislature wouldn’t have intervened but current seasons and methods were not accomplishing population goals. Not even close
I hunt and trap them every year. I also run lions.

Do you really think that I'm secretly hoping for a stay in wolf seasons? Your assumptions are not very well thought out.

My point is you can push the pendulum to far and pay for that arrogance.

You don't have to kill them back for the lawsuits to start rolling in, as evidence by what's going on in the Midwest. The idea of a perceived threat is real.

Ariel hunting in Montana, is both unethical, as well as a threat to the species.

There's no lack of it by what I see. "SSS"! "Only good wolf is a dead one". "They were exterminated for a reason". "The non native wolf don't belong here. Smoke a pack a day". "Kill em all and let God sort it out". "Should be year round bounty"

The list goes on.

No disrespect, but haven't you used these terms?

I hunt and trap them every year. I also run lions.

Do you really think that I'm secretly hoping for a stay in wolf seasons? Your assumptions are not very well thought out.

My point is you can push the pendulum to far and pay for that arrogance.

You don't have to kill them back for the lawsuits to start rolling in, as evidence by what's going on in the Midwest. The idea of a perceived threat is real.

Ariel hunting in Montana, is both unethical, as well as a threat to the species.

There's no lack of it by what I see. "SSS"! "Only good wolf is a dead one". "They were exterminated for a reason". "The non native wolf don't belong here. Smoke a pack a day". "Kill em all and let God sort it out". "Should be year round bounty"

The list goes on.

No disrespect, but haven't you used these terms?
No I haven’t. I’m an avid lion hunter and a poor but eager wolf trapper and hunter. To be honest I commit most of my time to getting my dogs out but trying to do my part with wolves. Normally I run a trap line successfully for coyotes and water trap but wolves I’m still struggling with the trapping mainly due to time. I have successfully hunted wolves but it’s limited 😂 I hate sss comments and smoke a pack a day stickers on trucks that probably never leave pavement. We’re probably pretty close in our thought process on wolves. I shouldn’t have said anything I just noticed quite a few posts on anything regarding wolf lawsuits since the new rules. My short answer is the legislature shouldn’t have passed the new rules but expanded seasons and methods were necessary and going to come anyways. Idaho seasons have not reduced wolves one bit since we gained management. The anti everything crowd was going to sue regardless-maybe your right and this brings the lawsuit faster. Idaho has been using tax payer funded aerial gunners for years. I would rather have private individuals do it on their own dime. I don’t want wolves gone I just want them effectively managed which will require a lot more aggressive seasons and methods. Hope you have a good season 👍 praying for some new snow in my area

I don’t want wolves gone I just want them effectively managed which will require a lot more aggressive seasons and methods.
Well stated, Trap. Best to you and your hunts. I hope one day you share a pic of a nice wolf you managed to harvest!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back