MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Moment of Silence

9EF76EB3-288F-4672-8922-A24042ADC8D3.jpegJust remember , in front of every forker is a guy who sighted his rifle in at 2000’ or forgot his ammo and picked up some at the hardware store in town. A scene I recorderd last year in eastern Montana. 15A91877-68CF-4B33-AB6E-86E69E5271AD.png

Back from Montana passed on about 40 small/average mule deer in my book. Towards the end of the hunt found a respectable whitetail and had never shot a whitetail so I decided to pull the trigger on him.

Back from Montana passed on about 40 small/average mule deer in my book. Towards the end of the hunt found a respectable whitetail and had never shot a whitetail so I decided to pull the trigger on him.
Should've traded sounds like...

Doubt this fits in this thread, but I thought it was interesting and I was too lazy to find a better spot for it.

I don't know this guy, but I can't disagree with his thoughts on this subject. I can handle some flaming.

"He's not the biggest" is typically followed by "meat in the freezer."

Dissatisfaction followed by an alternative justification. The mentality that something far less desirable is better than the possibility of nothing is a direct reflection of the need for validation. Validation from others who really don't care either way. Ultimately, you're cheating yourself out of experiences, and accomplishments, to impress and get validation from people who don't know you and who could really care less.
Stop being afraid of not getting anything. Set your standards and see them through. And don't change them for anything, or anyone. Focus on the process, not the outcome. Teach yourself that the journey is the actual reward. With this mindset, you will never go home empty-handed.

Stop writing "He's not the biggest," we can see that. I'd rather see a sunset picture than another post minimizing a dead animal. I personally will have far more admiration for you not filling your tag while keeping your eye on the prize. You'll find that it's here where your experiences and accomplishments will grow exponentially. Trust the process, and yourself.

This is the 3rd year in a row I have not even seen a decent buck in Montana. 3 out of state rigs on the state section by my house this morning. I suspect that 2 point I watched all summer is dead. Hopefully they enjoy his delicious neck roasts and he passed on his magnificent genetics.

Should've traded sounds like...
Like I told you didn’t have anything to trade. I don’t regret not purchasing waypoints from you dude. I’m not in the market to buy waypoints from someone you could throw them anywhere on a map and sell them.

Relax, it was all a joke dude. I don't do that stuff, congrats on your whitetail buck.

Hilarious
Not sure I believe that because otherwise you would have been willing to lend a hand without any gain to a forum member, you never once offered that or PM me and that’s fine but don’t go saying you were willing to help without any gain on your end.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back