MOGA/SFW/RMEF/Turner/Arnaud...

BuzzH

What a tangled mess.

It seems that MOGA/SFW were quick to criticize the RMEF on a couple issues.

The first being the wolf issue, where both MOGA and SFW threw the RMEF under the bus as being "wolf lovers" and "pro wolf".

Those groups chose to hit the RMEF very hard with their anti-wolf agenda...and it worked. The RMEF paid a heavy price for remaining neutral on the issue, it wasnt like they were pro-wolf, just not rabid anti-wolf whacko's like SFW/MOGA.

Further, SFW/MOGA is also against Randy's appointment to the RMEF, even though Randy was heavily involved in the wolf issue from the start, and aired the first wolf harvest on his TV show. One would think there would be more support shown by Arnaud/SFW/MOGA since Randy took an incredible amount of heat from the episode. It wasnt them setting the record straight on the wolf issue, receiving death threats, and risking their career to do so. It was Randy.

Not only did they show ZERO support toward Randy, they again, chose to throw Randy and the RMEF under the bus over Randys appointment to the RMEF board.

I guess this is my biggest question...

Since Rob Arnaud holds the leases for all of the hunting on Turner Enterprises property in Montana...how can either MOGA or MTSFW allow him to be on their boards?

Considering that Turner allows NO WOLF hunting on any of his properties, and has even allowed wolves to be rehabilitated on his properties...why have both MOGA and SFW not raked Arnaud over the coals?

Bigger question to me is how does Mr. Arnaud wear two hats on the issue? Maybe theres an easy answer...one hat for each of his two faces?

I find it odd that MOGA/SFW would trash the RMEF for a neutral position on wolves, but elect Arnaud to their respective boards with the knowledge that Arnaud leases hunting properties from a very pro-wolf Ted Turner. Turner allows absolutely NO WOLF HUNTING on any of his properties.

I guess when theres a profit involved for one of their own, its OK for MTSFW/MOGA/Arnaud to support wolves and push their anti-wolf agenda aside?

Can you imagine the chit storm that MOGA/SFW would stir up if the RMEF or Randy owned a ranch that allowed no wolf hunting?

Last edited:
Well put Buzz, Arnaud certainly has two faces as obviously does MOGA/SFW. They should be championing Randy as he was pro wolf management from the start. Seems they only see with their pocketbooks in front of their eyes, and only when it is of benefit to them, and not necessarilly the animals. I applaud RMEF for standing behind Randy and his nomination.

Buzz, Don't forget the tie to UPOM. The Dahl's and Robins both outfit and are known quantities in the fight to privatize wildlife along with SFW/BGF/MOGA.

It was MOGA, UPOM & Paul Ellis that continue to push for bills like SB 151.

Some of the guys i know near around home are SFW members and others are thinking of joining. The SFW issue is such a long story i am unable to communicate why SFW is bad news for Montana . Anyone have a link to a good statement on why SFW is a bad club for the average Montana guy?

Rick Haggerty from "Montana Hunting & Fishing News" Helena based publication need to be directed to that link. This is the paper we all pick up in front of Bob Wards.
Rick is listing SFW along with TU, WSF, MBA,RMEF....... notifying all of banquet season.

Rick Haggerty from "Montana Hunting & Fishing News" Helena based publication need to be directed to that link. This is the paper we all pick up in front of Bob Wards.
Rick is listing SFW along with TU, WSF, MBA,RMEF....... notifying all of banquet season.

I saw that too. Made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Barrie, go to post #10 on this thread it links you to more reading than you can stand. They have left a trail a mile long of reasons not to join them.

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=251913&highlight=Peay+Randy+Newberg

More recently SFW testified in favor of HB 312, a bill that would test elk for exposure to brucellosis and slaughter the positive ones (which aren't necessarily infected). This would be done using hunter's dollars. This was a direct assault on hunters and there was absolutely zero, zippo, nada benefits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back