Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

RMEF Bailing on Blue Collar Sportsmen?

I think a lot of hunting/conservation orgs tend to alienate some members of more modest means when they chase the dollar from the more affluent segments of their membership.

I can't speak for others, but this is spot on regarding me. I am far from destitute but further from being a high roller.

A manifestation of chasing high dollar donors that particularly annoys me are all of the various governor's tags. IMO they are nothing but end around the North American model of wildlife management. It is window dressing to justify the tags since a large amount of money is raised for "conservation".

Last edited:
Here is an example of what I am talking about. FYI I am life member of ECWSF.
last year it was a 1000 raffle for four sheep hunts. This year its a 500 bill for a 1/400 shot at tag and hunt, dont get me wrong thats a once in a lifetime tag and hunt, I get it. But there arent too many average joes forking up for 500 dollar tickets at basically donation odds.
My point being that organizations need to be cognizant of the image they portray while chasing money.

Here is an example of what I am talking about. This year its a 500 bill for a 1/400 shot at tag and hunt, dont get me wrong thats a once in a lifetime tag and hunt, I get it. But there arent too many average joes forking up for 500 dollar tickets at basically donation odds.
I need to get into the processing fee business. Easy $10k to be had. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back