MN Moose Success

MNHunter

DSC02122A.JPG

Hey Guys,
I posted a while back about drawing a rare moose tag here in MN. Well, the weather didn't cooperate (way too warm), the rut was not going well, I didn't see many moose but I was fortunate to take a bull. It is not the biggest bull but I am happy none the less. My once in a lifetime MN tag was filled Oct 5th. I didn't score him yet and his rack lacks palmation but the spread was 32 inches. Me and my buddy quartered him and carried him out on our backs. Moose quarters are not light! :D

Congrat on the bull and all the associated good eats. I am guessing your buddy will be expecting some.:D

Excellent! I saw a few of those big old beasts last week while elk hunting and can't imagine packing one out. Congrats!

Congrats on the bull. Looks like he fell right next to an ATV trail?

MNHunter, congrats on the bull. Where did you get him, couldn't have been too far from my house. Way to go! I've been waiting the better part of 18 years for one of those tags.....

Thanks guys.

Oak, it was a logging trail. We tried the ATV but it was simply too steep and too many logs on the trail to navigate around for an ATV novice like myself.

Zamboniman, I shot him down by Cloquet Lake and Katherine Lake where they were doing some recent logging. Where abouts do you live? I stayed in Isabella but was on every road and grade from there to Two Harbors.

Back