MN DNR and Organ and Tissue Donations

Hi Everyone, I was at an award banquet this past weekend through my wife's work (she works for the transplant division at U of M Fairview) and I thought this was another note worthy thing how hunter and fisherman are making a positive difference in society.

"LifeSource, the nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives through organ, eye and tissue donation in Minnesota and the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources have completed the first year of successfully integrating organ, eye and tissue donor registration with the online hunting and fishing license purchase system. The new registration system is a collaborative effort between LifeSource and the Department of Natural Resources and went live on March 1, 2017. In that time, 32,350 Minnesotans embraced this new way to register as an organ, eye and tissue donor. The Minnesota Legislature passed the law during the 2016 session on a bipartisan vote, making Minnesota the first state in the country to offer its residents the opportunity to register as an organ, eye and tissue donor when purchasing their hunting and fishing licenses online."

Full article https://www.life-source.org/dnryear1/

After hearing the story behind that and the DNR receiving an award for their help and participation I felt a pretty damn proud to be a hunter and fisherman. Not that I wasn't proud before but to be recognized for another part of society that was pretty cool.

Make sure to be an organ donor... can't take them with you when your gone.

Make sure to be an organ donor... can't take them with you when your gone.

I am an organ donor, though not sure what I have will be salvageable when that time comes.

Sounds like a cool program. In MT I think it is only at the DMV where you can sign up to be an organ donor.

I am an organ donor, though not sure what I have will be salvageable when that time comes.

Sounds like a cool program. In MT I think it is only at the DMV where you can sign up to be an organ donor.

Exactly what Randy said. I have *donor* on my D/L, but am thinking there can't be much of me worth using over that is isn't already used up.

Back