Caribou Gear

Missouri youth season

gar man

We started the year off pretty good here in Missouri. Saterday morning I took my 9 year old daughter and my brother took my son. My son killed a jake about 15 minutes into the season. I asked him if he shot it off of the limb but both him and my brother swear that the no more started doing a few tree yelps and he come flying in over there heads and lit in the decoys. It didn't take David long to give him a dose of number 4s from my 10 gauge. Andrea and I didn't have that good of luck its hard for a 9 year old to sit still very long, but I have to give her credit it was 50 degrees and raining sat. and she hung in there till 1:00 which is our closing time in Mo. Sun. we caught 3 big toms in the field by themselves and managed to get them within 15 yards she was shaking so bad I don't think the number 4s she shot out of her 410 came anywhere close to those birds. One of those birds was one of the biggest turkeys I have ever seen he had a 12 inch beard that was 3 to 4 inches wide and spurs to match. Afterwards she told me that her heart was beating and I told her that that was a good thing. She kinda looked at me weird and said that that wasn't what she meant she meant her heart was beating really fast and loud and she was scared it was going to scare the turkeys. I think she's hooked on it now. Sorry so long but it was a good weekend here in Mo.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back