Yeti GOBOX Collection

Missing pronghorn tooth

trb

I am doing my brother's pronghorn buck euro mount, and i appear to have lost the 2nd from the front tooth on the right side. Anybody got a pronghorn tooth guy?

I looked on a couple taxidermy supply sites but couldnt find anyone selling them. 6eydi4.jpg

Shape one from a deer tooth or a piece of antler if you can’t find a match and just want to fill the slot. Been meaning to do some similar repairs on a couple gap toothed euros of my own.

Reactions: trb
I always pull the skull out after a half hour simmer and check for loose teeth. Very important with bear skulls!

An animal's teeth are like fingerprints. Seldom can you get away with mixing in some from a different animal. Didn't stop the taxidermist in Africa from trying anyway. Only two of this kudu's teeth belonged to the skull ... and the skull didn't belong to my horns. I had to pull all the teeth to make it look half way decent. Removong the mountain of epoxy glue required two days of careful tedious work.20220415_171534.jpg

I always pull the skull out after a half hour simmer and check for loose teeth. Very important with bear skulls!

An animal's teeth are like fingerprints. Seldom can you get away with mixing in some from a different animal. Didn't stop the taxidermist in Africa from trying anyway. Only two of this kudu's teeth belonged to the skull ... and the skull didn't belong to my horns. I had to pull all the teeth to make it look half way decent. Removong the mountain of epoxy glue required two days of careful tedious work.View attachment 221472
I had a guy rearrange all the teeth on my gator skull. I just accepted it for what it was. No way I was digging into that mess.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back