Caribou Gear

Missing bow hunter MT

Hoping for the best but it doesn't look good. That is rugged country.

My mind always jumps to bears but getting stabbed by a branch during a fall and bleeding out, breaking a leg, or even just having a heart attack/stroke are more likely than getting killed by a bear. At least that is what I tell myself when I go out alone in bear country.

Patrick

My brother was down hunting in that area over the weekend. Said there were tons of people out looking for the guy.

I hope it turns out well for him, but this late in the game, the odds are not on his side.

It's usually not good to speculate, but this sounds like it could have been a heart attack. A mile uphill from the truck is about the right distance that he would have been exerting himself long enough that something could have happened.

A guy that I went to church with that seemed to be in good shape died from a heart attack a few years back going for a hike about the same distance up the trail.

Didn't Montana have a big fitness program for all state employees because they had found a correlation between heart attacks and the start of hunting season?

As someone who is approaching that age I think about how shocking it is and what a shame to die so young. On a personal note though, I hope to spend my last minutes in the woods or along the rivers doing what I love most and not in the nursing home. God Speed friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back