Caribou Gear

Missed a big one this morning

kenton

This morning I finally got the right wind direction on a day I had off from work to hunt a brand new set-up. I have been getting trail cam videos of two mature bucks using this area in daylight so I was excited. Just after 9 o'clock, I see a buck coming through the woods right at me and as soon as I got my binos on him, my nerves start dancing. That's right, buck fever hit me hard for the first time in several years. I drew a little early and had to hold for 38 seconds and then let the arrow fly right over his back. Grunted him back into range but never got a clear second shot but that is a good thing because I had loaded the arrow with my small game head. Like I said: Buck Fever!

November 22, 2018.jpg

If I ever get to the point where a buck like that doesn’t illicit retardation like yours I’ll hang it up. You’re in good company I hope ya score another opportunity!

If I ever get to the point where a buck like that doesn’t illicit retardation like yours I’ll hang it up. You’re in good company I hope ya score another opportunity!

So much this....

That is a heck of a buck. Hope you get another shot at him Kenton. I saw one of the biggest bucks I've saw this evening from my upstairs window. I'm pretty sure we have his shed from the spring. He's gotten bigger by lots and I think he is well over B&C. The piece of property behind me, I've wanted to hunt since I moved here 12 years ago. Finally secured permission last week. The owners are divorcing and the wife has control. She told me to go ahead, I should be the only one there. Good luck with the rest of your season.

He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. Checked a trail camera this afternoon and the buck I missed last year has returned. 241 days since I last had any evidence of him. I just forfeited any good sleep for the foreseeable future.

… and this time (pause for dramatic effect) its personal.

November 1, 2019_Moment.jpg

And here I was liking posts from earlier in the thread tonight not even realizing they were from last year! He looks like he's part elk! That's a giant buck

That is a heck of a buck. Hope you get another shot at him Kenton. I saw one of the biggest bucks I've saw this evening from my upstairs window. I'm pretty sure we have his shed from the spring. He's gotten bigger by lots and I think he is well over B&C. The piece of property behind me, I've wanted to hunt since I moved here 12 years ago. Finally secured permission last week. The owners are divorcing and the wife has control. She told me to go ahead, I should be the only one there. Good luck with the rest of your season.
lucky lucky man

You need to let the air out of that big boy Kenton. He's a toad! Good luck, got one I'm chasing here as well. I've missed the past week being in the woods though due to a bad sinus infection

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back