NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Miss HUNTTALK 05

Whiskers

Does she qualify? Typical Jersey doe dressed out at 70lbs. Now I can concentrate on a buck. We have to kill a doe, before a buck.
Misshunttlalk05.JPG

You have earn a buck in NJ? We have that here is some areas too, not liked much by most guys. God luck on the buck!

Way to go Whiskers, nice skinhead. That cap looks like it just rides around in the pick-up until photo opps. ;) :D Good luck on the next one.

I had to dig it out from under the seat! :D Actually my wife wears it when we go set stands together. Thats her woodsen hat, she has a pink hat she wears fishing.
Certain zones we have the earn a buck, the one I live in happens to be one of them. Most of the idiots around here, shoot the first flattop that walks in front of them, to get their earn a buck. I don't shoot doe with fawns, or if I can see their milk bag. Most of the time (as far as I am concerned) if you can see it, this time of year, they are still nursing fawns.
When I checked her in last night, I noticed several buck tags already in the book. The season just opened on Saturday the 10th. I asked about it, and was told the new law is, if the deer has balls, you have to turn in your buck tag. This needs some investagation, because its Antlered deer season, and antlerless deer season, not balls or no ball season. Some zones we have unlimited antlerless, but only one antlered deer. With this reasoning, you could kill a buck, be hunting doe, and shoot a button buck, and be in violation of the game code. |oo

Congrats on the doe and good luck on a buck. BTW have you considered getting the doe mounted? I happen to think male-female pairs look nice together

Erik

If it weren't for the slight blood in that pix, I'd swear that deer was just drunk. :eek: Congrats Whiskers. :D

Congrats Whiskers! I'm glad to see people are actually able to find land to hunt in New Jersey! My wife and I just relocated to NJ from Colorado, and I've been dying about missing my annual archery elk hunt. Perhaps there is a glimmer of hope for hunting the East-Coast....

Should be some tasty venison Whiskers. Is that milk on it's mouth?

Now if that was a Texas post you guys would be raising hell. ;) :D

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back