Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

'Minutemen' to Patrol Arizona Border

Damn this is a good one !!! From the start of this post I knew cjcj was going to be involved in this one. I think the minuteman concept is a good idea, To wake up the gov. of the increasing problem of illegal immagration. But that is as far as it goes. The group may catch or report illegals entering the U.S. but like Matt said, there is going to be a person that is going to get shot.. You may ask how I come to that conclusion. Well I have worked with law enforcement, customs, secrect service and the fbi in the past and I have seen it happen. Nothing that was very drastic but it has escalated beyond minimal force. So Cjcj standard operating proceedures do go out the window when you get someone that doesnt like excactly how the war is being faught.

And as for what an illegal looks like, could look just like any one of my boys smart ass. So take a good look in the mirror before you throw stones.

I didn't see where CJCJ posted a list of qua[l]ifiers to describe an illegal. But CAMERON, if your boys take to making border crossings........

TB- I believe Cameron was stating there are no "quanifiers" to tell an illegal alien from a citizen of the United States. I don't think any of us has "Illegal alien-dar" that beeps when an illegal comes within 10 feet of us. For that matter, How do we know you and cjcj aren't illegal aliens? Which bum did you pay your $20 for a ss# (or were you the one selling for $20?)

The Minutemen aren't hunting illegals in society, they are going to be watching for illegal border crossings. The only people that should be concerned with the Minutemen following them are those making the crossings, or those helping the illegal crossers.

BTW MATTy, my ancestors have been on this continent for, shall we say, many generations.

Ten, No my boys wont be making a boarder crossing. Fortunatly they were born here, well 2 werent. Born in Germany. But what I was getting at was what Matt say's we dont have a radar that lights up when we see a hispanic, or for that matter a russian or asain or any other race. There are alot of non caucasion races that are here leagaly and alot of people jump to conclusions that they are illegal.

Here is another problem that we were talking about last night. Why the hell has Az gone and refused to give "LEGAL" alien residents drivers licenses and auto insurance? Think about this... you are driving your car and a Legal hits you with no insurance, maybe there is no seriouse injuries but now you have to come up with your premium to have your car repaired. Thus increasing your insurance rates. Now what if you are injured and are hospitalized for a long period of time and your insurance policy doesnt cover that much? How stupid is it now? This will only cost the economy more money, not to mention how much the insurance companies are loosing.

Cameron Hunt said:
Damn this is a good one !!! From the start of this post I knew cjcj was going to be involved in this one. I think the minuteman concept is a good idea, To wake up the gov. of the increasing problem of illegal immagration. But that is as far as it goes. The group may catch or report illegals entering the U.S. but like Matt said, there is going to be a person that is going to get shot.. You may ask how I come to that conclusion. Well I have worked with law enforcement, customs, secrect service and the fbi in the past and I have seen it happen. Nothing that was very drastic but it has escalated beyond minimal force. So Cjcj standard operating proceedures do go out the window when you get someone that doesnt like excactly how the war is being faught.

And as for what an illegal looks like, could look just like any one of my boys smart ass. So take a good look in the mirror before you throw stones.
I hope your son`s don`t regularly cross back and forth at the Mexico/ USA border.[carrying backpacks].....if they do this they could easliy be mistaken for an illegal for an illegal border crossing scum drugsmuggler.. You can`t be serious Cameron... are you telling me that YOU cannot spot an illegal? while your down at a NON-POINT of entry? If thats the case then please DON`T HUNT..You probably can`t tell a coues from a mulie.....Cameron if you had "ANY" comprehension skills at all you would go back and re-read what i said.... And you say you have all of these skills with leo`s? secret service/FBI/and customs? Right like i really believe you? Plus you have already predicted a shootout and or death..Hey can you look in your crystal ball and give me next weeks powerball numbers? hump :D

Cj, I am happy to tell you that my boys may cross the boarder with u.s. id in their hand. What I was saying was that so many guys assume that because someone isnt white that they are an illegal... And as for my prior service record, your more than welcome to look at my dd-214. I dont think that I predicted a "shoot out" I said someone is going to get shot. I will guarantee that.

Well, we have a lot of Mexicans here in Jackson, some leagal and some not. I can not tell the difference. From what I have seen, they are extremely hard workers and have taken a lot of work away from the average Joe Blow American. They work hard, and will do any job that is asked of them. I found this also to be true with any of the Hispanic people when we were in NY.

Cameron,How in the world can you guarantee someone[minutemen] will get shot?..Its true the border is a "powder keg" There are shootings every day down there border patrol/ county sheriff/national park guards have all encountered violence on different levels. But are you saying that we should not go down there? are you saying we shouldn`t hunt there? Last time i checked its still the "United States Of America"......And as a citizen we/i have every right to be there. Matt has never even been to the border as far as i know [maybe spring break]..You on the otherhand should know whats going on[green valley]Hows the illegal traffic around you? I just came from Douglas to Harshaw to Patagonia....the roads and trails are cesspools.... Just for your info we have over 40 hispanics in the ranks of the minutemen.... you need to read-up about the people who live on the border they are sick and tired of it...they welcome the minutemen. If there is a shooting it will be in self defense....whats wrong with that?

P.S. if you get the AZ republic news rag.. go to this sundays viewpoints section and read about Kerry Morales..she is a southern Texas rancher who has joined the Minutemen...Viewpoints page 5[in the back... until you/Matt/Buzz and a few others read more on this issue you will never fully understand the severity of the problem,.....New breed of illegals these days... most uninformed Americans think they are all coming here to pick lettuce.or work hard. |oo |oo

Yes Elkhunter its true...illegals will work harder for less pay than most Americans... thats why there are hardly any Americans working in the construction/housing industry these days..... and guatamalens work even cheaper.... framers/roofers/etc should be making $25.00 plus an hour but they get illegal slave labor for $8-$10 an hour. and guess what housing prices are at an all time high... slave labor dosn`t keep prices low...it only makes millionares richer.

Up here the Mexicans had enough of that crap and started demanding more money. Guess what, they got it. Most crews up here for the construction industry are mostly Mexican and they are making what the white boy was making. The plain truth is that the white boy is lazy for the most part and think they should be making more than their coworkers who happen to be Mexican. You see, everyone want a job, but not everyone wants to work. Same situation goes for the landscaping and cleaning industry up here.

I think its agreat idea. For one, if some wako gets out of hand and pistol whips an illigal well i think maybe word will get out and a little fear about crossing the border is in order. What do you think happens when you do something illigal in Mexico?? you get either thrown in a dark prison for a long time, or extorted of a lot of cash to get out. The terrorist threat is real and the borders need to be closed for this and all other reasons. we cannot let these illigals leach of our health care systems, our jobs, our safety and everything else. Let these SOB's clean up the problem in their own country for a change.
We dont need to cross over into mexico, so we should close the borders up tight if it means building a barbwire fence along the whole damn border and hire guards and dogs to moniter it. It would be cheaper than the financial burden and trouble that these illigals cause our country every day.
the problems is that the big wigs of the govt get a lot of campain money from rich company owners who love the cheap labor these illigals bring. Its no different than the companies farming all the work out to china.

We have Type II fire crews that are coming out made up mostly of Mexicans.
They are getting the jobs, not because of what the pay is, but because the work is getting done that the overhead would like to see.
Instead of doing only what they have to, they work hard until told to stop.
I have seen so many crews that are very lazy, only because they think they are sitting on an entitlement instead of a job that they need to show their best work in.

Funny in the 70`s to 80`s and back, that ALL construction was done by "white boys", who i prefere to call citizens. Why weren`t they lazy? High school grads or less educated americans made great money busting their ass in the construction industry..My first job as a methods eng. [1973] was great but my roomates made almost twice as much as me, one drywall, one in concrete, they busted their ass outside in the phx. heat and came home tired, while i had it made in an air conditioned office.... it took me about 4 yrs. to make their money...then i passed them up later but my point is they busted ass and were paid well......pay americans a livable wage.... ILLEGALS have driven WAGES to an all time low [based on inflation] in the construction and many other industries.... WE are exporting jobs and importing labor.[bad combo] hump :) :) :confused:

Washington Hunter said:
cjcj, did you join? (or are you one of the leaders?)

I think it's a great idea. If I lived there and I was retired with plenty of spare time on my hands I'd join for sure. (if they'd have me)

Sorry Honey... I firmly believe I am the only one who will have you. I believe you are my mission!!!!!

The minutemen would love to have Washingtonhunter as a member,,, he seems to have all of the qualifications and he knows the issues, WH chick would be welcome as well....We already have over 100 female minutewomen.

Mexico is sending a "delegation" of senatore`s from Mexico to investigate Arizonas [prop.200] They are going to meet with our corrupt att. general Terry Goddard,, and his partner in crime Phx. Mayor ...Phil [i do deals] Gordon... They are "CONCERNED" that laws like [prop.200] will spread throughout the country... denying their illegal bloodsucking scumbag citizens their benefits. This is what America is coming to? Foreign polititions influencing American law....whether you support the efforts of the minutemen or not....How do you feel about this issue?

Back