Military and First Responders

Do you know if it includes fire/ems? I always thought it was just military
You're correct, my bad. Their website does say military, law enforcement, federal employee. I'd give it a try though. Click on the law enforcement tab when it asks you for your profession. I'm betting when you send in your credentials it will be approved. Worth a shot.

There’s a bunch of different ways to qualify for expert voice. Should be spelled out on their website

I use a bunch of these sites. Personally, Guidefitter is much better than expertvoice. Expertvoice will tell you things are in stock and then 6 weeks later you get an email notifying you that the order was canceled. It's happened to me numerous times now. Just not reliable. Guidefitter is much better. Also, Leupold and Sitka don't sell stuff on Expertvoice or Guidefitter but they have their own military/LEO programs through their sites. Both Leupold and Sitka are 40% off. If you sign up for Guidefitter, use this code:

nc5Vm6gB

For Veterans, yes, they need the DD-214. For currently serving folks, your .mil email should work. Do not let them tell you that you need to send them a copy of your military ID. Making a copy or picture of your CAC is illegal and bad opsec.

So looking into guidefitter, and just wondering if any of youall know if they will accept volunteer firefighters or if tgey only approve paid/carrer firefighters?

I would also add, since it’s what I do quite often before buying something expensive, call or email whoever you’re buying whatever from and ask if they offer a discount. I’ve gotten discounts on just about everything I carry and/or wear. Sitka has a pro program that includes military also.

Thank you for this. I’ve been on ExpertVoice for some time and tired of everything I want being out of stock and never back in stock. Been waiting over a year for one item to be restocked.

I’ll try Guidefitter and see if I have better luck with them.

So looking into guidefitter, and just wondering if any of youall know if they will accept volunteer firefighters or if tgey only approve paid/carrer firefighters?
Yes they do, how I signed up was with my fire dept ID Card. That worked just fine and I am a volunteer.

Thank you for this. I’ve been on ExpertVoice for some time and tired of everything I want being out of stock and never back in stock. Been waiting over a year for one item to be restocked.

I’ll try Guidefitter and see if I have better luck with them.
You cannot trust anything Expertvoice says. Especially trying to buy through the Federal Ammunition program. You've got about a 75% chance your order gets canceled. I ordered a scope on 1 September thinking that was plenty of lead time for rifle season. Said the scope would ship in 2-3 weeks. Currently, estimated ship date is 23 December, but I'm sure that will slip to the right.

Use Guidefitter. https://www.guidefitter.com/

Use my referal code: nc5Vm6gB

It is so much better and yes, volunteer firefighters do count as 1st Responders. You guys sure as hell are 1st Responders.

You cannot trust anything Expertvoice says. Especially trying to buy through the Federal Ammunition program. You've got about a 75% chance your order gets canceled. I ordered a scope on 1 September thinking that was plenty of lead time for rifle season. Said the scope would ship in 2-3 weeks. Currently, estimated ship date is 23 December, but I'm sure that will slip to the right.

Use Guidefitter. https://www.guidefitter.com/

Use my referal code: nc5Vm6gB

It is so much better and yes, volunteer firefighters do count as 1st Responders. You guys sure as hell are 1st Responders.
Thanks - I always use expertvoice but, as you state, I never plan on receiving an order within weeks or even months. Usually when it shows up I forgot I even ordered it.

I do like expertvoice but will give guidefitter a shot.

Thanks - I always use expertvoice but, as you state, I never plan on receiving an order within weeks or even months. Usually when it shows up I forgot I even ordered it.

Guidefitter is 100% better. However, they don't have as good of a lineup of brands as Expertvoice. Hopefully they will continue to add brands and build out. Expertvoice has become incredibly bad. The only brand that has been consistent on there is Costa Sunglasses. Everything else, might has well just throw a dart at a calendar on when you'll get it. If you order a pair of Costas through them, you'll get them in a week.

Weird. I've had really good luck with them. I'm sure a lot of it depends on what company you are ordering from.

Plenty of “Not in Stock” on Guidefitter as well as Experticity. Global pandemic apparently going on. I will continue to be very happy to have the opportunity to purchase great products at discounted rates. If it wasn’t worth it, I would not use the service. Gotta go, UPS just showed up with package from Filson.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back