Military and First Responders

In reference to inventory, I waited for two months on Salomon to restock the model I wanted to buy. Finally went with a different model and got them within a week.

Yeah the first lite discount alone is worth it for me with Expert Voice. I think you are right the impacts with Federal ammunition are probably more pandemic related. I just appreciate any discount at all from companies so waiting doesn't bother me much at all.

Gerber has taken care of half my Christmas shopping lists since they let me stack my pro discount with "Randy" or other another discount. Not sure if that was a glitch or normal but I was getting some huge discounts and bought several of the new DTS knives, which are lights out awesome.

I'm 100% appreciative of any discount. What bothers me, and this is my point with Expertvoice, is that if you say you have a product in stock and that it is available, especially if you send me an email saying it just came back into stock, it should not take 3 months to get it to me and that is what is happening with Expertvoice. This lack of reliability has been my gripe with Cabelas and BPS. You order a product and then 2 days later get an email saying your order is canceled despite it showing that it is in stock. I just looked at my orders on Expertvoice and I have one that was made Sep. 1st and it still says "processing." I agree that Expertvoice has a much better line up of brands, however, they are not reliable. Sitka has a great discount for military which I appreciate but with certain products, it says that the product is not available at the discounted price. I get that, if its popular and selling strongly, why take the revenue hit. Discount it later to maintain sales. This is one reason why Amazon is so successful: they're reliable. This is why I've switched to Guidefitter, they're reliable. Sitka is reliable. During hunting season, time is of the essence.

I ordered a pair of boots and some super feet insoles from ExpertVoice before Christmas. I had the boots in three days and the insoles in six. Great prices on both and ordered and delivered during hunting season no less.

I ordered a pair of boots and some super feet insoles from ExpertVoice before Christmas. I had the boots in three days and the insoles in six. Great prices on both and ordered and delivered during hunting season no less.
Superfeet insoles are the best! I use them in my running shoes. It seems like a wide range of support for Expert Voice, some have good experiences like you did, and others have bad reviews for them.

Superfeet insoles are the best! I use them in my running shoes. It seems like a wide range of support for Expert Voice, some have good experiences like you did, and others have bad reviews for them.
I’ve spent a lot of money through them and not one complaint. The longest I waited was for a Rhino Rack setup. They are slow. Has nothing to do with ExpertVoice.

I'm 100% appreciative of any discount. What bothers me, and this is my point with Expertvoice, is that if you say you have a product in stock and that it is available, especially if you send me an email saying it just came back into stock, it should not take 3 months to get it to me and that is what is happening with Expertvoice. This lack of reliability has been my gripe with Cabelas and BPS. You order a product and then 2 days later get an email saying your order is canceled despite it showing that it is in stock. I just looked at my orders on Expertvoice and I have one that was made Sep. 1st and it still says "processing." I agree that Expertvoice has a much better line up of brands, however, they are not reliable. Sitka has a great discount for military which I appreciate but with certain products, it says that the product is not available at the discounted price. I get that, if its popular and selling strongly, why take the revenue hit. Discount it later to maintain sales. This is one reason why Amazon is so successful: they're reliable. This is why I've switched to Guidefitter, they're reliable. Sitka is reliable. During hunting season, time is of the essence.
They are still much better than GovX. I waited 4 months for 3 pairs of Darn Tough socks that were in stock! I've only had 1-2 orders that took more than 2 weeks with Expertvoice over the past 6-7 years and that was an issue with the company I ordered from, not Expertvoice. I haven't signed up for Guidefitter yet but I've heard lots of good things about them.

When possible I order direct from companies that offer a military discount. Leupold, Sitka, Sig, EuroOptic, Brownells, and Aero precision are a few.

Last edited:
I've used Gov-x quite a bit. I just checked guidefitter for the first time thanks to this post, and it's awesome. I'm happy, but my wife will be upset. Thanks guys it seems like a great resource.

Made a purchase of a camp stove from Gov-x about 10 days before Christmas. Heavy so shipped ground. They indicated it would arrive the week after Christmas. It arrived 3 days before. I made another purchase from Guidefitter’s that took about 5 business days after purchase USPS. Good discounts from both and very reasonable shipping times. Would use both again...

For Vortex items A&A Optics. it allows you to also pre order items. I order a Diamondback HD scope and it was free shipping got a free t shirt and a free hat. Uses the 40% vortex. Also pre ordered a spotting scope. Ill try to remember to give an update on how long it takes to show up.

Vortex customer service actually told me about this website after I waited so long for the scope to be in stock on Expert Voice, so I tried to order it straight from Vortex customer service lol.

Sure would like to be able to qualify, but my first respondering is not exactly mainstream. Oh well, I tried....

I had no problem with Expert Voice in 2019. No orders this year because too busy on top of COVID impacting the one hunt I had a tag for. I think pandemic shortages spilled over.

ID ME is another discount and is a verifier for other sites. You can get MLB TV around 40% off. It's not outdoor specific like guidefitter.

Thanks for that. I just get cautious sharing things that can be hacked from business accounts...
I have not had any issue; just renewed with Guidfitter and others, blocking out the bank numbers on a pay stub. They understand. Guidefitter, Night Force, Leupold, Sitka have all started looking a little more closely at applications but not unreasonable. Certainly worth a little work if you can qualify.
The discounts appear to be the same whether you go through a broker like Govex or Guidefitter or simply get on a manufacturer pro staff program.

One issue I have seen with guidefitters is the jacked up shipping rates on some products. I picked up an e-collar today and I can find the same one on Guide and Promotive. Promotive was about a buck cheaper. I went to checkout on both and shipping was $17 on Guide and $9 on Promotive. Promotive also does a $2 surcharge on everything, so to be fair it would be $17 vs $11.

I have deleted shopping carts on Guide due to high shipping rates. Not a big deal to some, but I usually pass when I see what seems like spendy shipping rates.

On another note, I bought a case of shotgun shells on Guide and shipping was included. Bad side, order was placed 12/11 and I have still heard nothing other than they hit my CC immediately.

Back