Mild autumn - how’s that impacted your season?

Hunt&FishCO

It was a quite elk rut, normal antelope rut, and tbd deer rut thus far.

How has the limited snow and warm weather impacted everyone’s hunt plans thus far? I’ve still got a MT deer tag and I’m waiting on a strong northern to hopefully make the most of a trip by the end of the month.

Leaves on the trees in November is not normal for here:

5C8D7DF3-EC33-4484-A658-6ED046798863.jpeg

One of my bull tags was a migration elk tag, no migraton yet(actually elk were moving higher) had to shot a resident bull. Was hopeful for one of the monsters this tag can produce but weather wouldnt push the elk down. Not bad consolation prize but i will have to wait for the big boy, hopefully next time i have tag weather is MUCH COLDER!

No signs of rubs, scrapes, deer activity whatsoever. Yeah it was nice that I wasn’t freezing my butt off, but we need some cooler weather. We’re supposed to get some snow this week so maybe I’ll be out this weekend.

Didn't notice any rut activity for Antelope here in SD during rifle. So that was a little strange. Deer rut seems on schedule (hearing lock down right now)

Elk no comment, I have a migration tag in late December as well, Cow only. Last time no snow meant no elk. Hopefully that changes this year...

20's at night & to 70 during the day.Sunny.
I was so content the other morning watching elk & antelope, I got up and walked on a foot that was asleep and proceeded to sprain it real good with a good chance on a couple cracked bones.
"Golly gosh that felt good!", I said..... (insert real words here).

Limping around between ice baths in slippers.
Have not even seen a doe this year. So much for next weeks buck hunt.
Maybe I can fit a boot on by then.
And a cow hunt in a month....lol

Reactions: Hem
Been tougher on the dog than me as she's usually done after a few miles in the warm. Rifle season starts next week. Should be good weather for it.

Looking forward to exploring some different habitats.

Just whisper their names, Hank. They'll come a running. Heal up fast.

Where y’all from? Been warm for MN. I remember last year in November, I was in a T-shirt. 70+ degrees. It sucked.

Not a sign of an elk in the area I hunted, just too warm at 8000'. Should have been up another 1500-2000', nearer water. With all the other hunters......

Nothing to complain about here. The elk have to be somewhere even if it is nice out. We found elk, plenty of birds and fish. Headed out for deer tomorrow, nothing like good weather for a great time outdoors...

thumbnail_IMG_4478.jpgthumbnail_IMG_4548.jpgthumbnail_IMG_4618.jpgthumbnail_IMG_4648 (1).jpgthumbnail_IMG_4665.jpg0FB8ADD3-E916-4940-AEA2-DD3CDE497FAB.jpegF3B58B84-3722-4475-B432-688A023A422F.jpeg57B431F4-0B6C-44B2-96A6-A704AED92E2B.jpeg

Back