Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Mideast Hunting

mlbuck84

I just returned back from a deployment to the Mideast with a plane full of the greatest people I have ever been around. It's bittersweet turning around and coming home knowing your brothers are still out there. But Its what we do and we form small families to get through it.
Most of the main Bases and FOB's (forward operating bases) now have full internet capabilities to stay connected with the world. After patrols and hunting the bad guys it was nice to get on hunt talk to read and check out photos of what you all are doing on the home front to protect our pastime's or way of life for some.
It's time for me to re-integrate with my wife and son. Watch some T-Ball games and enjoy life. Dust off the Bow and getting ready for Idaho elk hunt in September with a few hunts in between hopefully. Best of luck to you all this season.

Keep those guys and gals in your thoughts and prayers in the sand box Hunting the Bad guy. They shoot back......

Attachments

• Spartans.jpg
    Spartans.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 255
Welcome home 84. Thanks for your service. Hope the bulls are plentiful where you hunt this year.

Tar heel: some say the hardest job in the military is being a military spouse. " I would agree she sacrifices a lot.

Fin: I hope you are right. In the past the wolves were thick where we hunt. This is why I hope you get that wolf trap episode to come through next year. Thin them out some. I'm on the plane right now. Soon as I land I'm going to see if the wife wants to road trip up scout the area before I buy my tags.

mlbuck84, thank-you for your service and welcome home. May your targets of opportunity be plentiful and your aim be true.

Bit of counsel from an old Army VietNam vet: as soon as you land, get some items checked off the little lady's agenda, then sweetly request a scouting road trip. 'Just trying to make life easier for your transition.

Straight arrow: Roger that. I may be jumping the gun a little. And thanks for your prior svc.

Welcome back. I'm an old broken down recon Marine, 1st Marine Division, Quang Nam Province,
Vietnam.

Thank you and here's to a successful reuniting with the Mrs. and youngster

Thanks for all you have sacrificed. I can't imagine being away from my little ones and wife that long. Enjoy the ball games and time back with the family. Best of luck this up coming season. Thoughts and prayers go out everyday for our guys over there protecting us.

Thanks to you and yours and welcome home, very true comment and great point about the families of our military as the son of a 31year veteran I couldn't agree more!!

Good luck this season and thanks again for your service!

mlbuck-

Welcome home. I have been in your shoes a few times, and it is the greatest feeling in the world. It has definately made every hunting trip and time spent with my family that much better.

From one warrior to another, welcome home.

"Come and get them" ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back