Caribou Gear Tarp

Michigan Elk draw

Rooster52

Michigan elk draw posted today. No tag for me or my wife again this year. You would think after 14 years of application,one of us would at least get a cow tag.

Maybe next year !!!
I remember making my donation when I was back home !!
We still have some over the counter Elk and Deer tags to be had this year in Montana .
Its only a short 1800 mile trip and you have some 9,000,000 acres to find your trophy !!!
Maybe a monster whitetail is headed your way this fall .

Good luck to you and your wife !!!

MT.PERCHMAN

No elk or bear for me either. I'm now sitting on 7 points. They say the bull elk tag is the tag of once in 2 lifetimes.

-Dan

A good friend of mine works out the Pigeon River DNR office and managed to connect with a nice bull in December years ago. Helps when you know the critters better than they do I guess...

After many years of rejection in MI, I said enough is enough and put in for NM this year...beginner's luck worked and a good buddy and I will be heading down for the second archery hunt. I still put in for a MI point this year, but didn't want to risk drawing two hunts of a lifetime in the same season. With the cutbacks in MI tags this fall, the odds were even more terrible.

I've dropped 25# since May 1st and we're getting excited...77 days til opener. For the first time since I got my dog eleven years ago I won't be spending 9/15 in a MI grouse cover. Can't think of a better reason to leave the grouse alone on opening day.

None for me.

But my dad and two close friends have drawn in the past. You can't draw if you don't get in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back