Messed up x 2

DavidKeenan

We had a good week in our WV opener. With the exception of the second mess up, which was made by myself. For starters, I was hunting with my stepson Justin. most of the week. We were about a mile or so apart, when he was hunting. First blood of the week belonged to him on opening morning, the monday before thanksgiving. This years hunting wasn't the best of conditions for us. It was supper dry until friday afternoon, with a little rain. Then came the snow on saturday.
View attachment 33233
View attachment 33234
View attachment 33236
View attachment 33239

Justin had been watching for the buck he shot on the first morning. It was a nice 10 5x5 Along with the one I shot on saturday, for over two weeks keeping tabs on them. We couldn't get close to mine till the weather would let me sneak in on him

On the second morning we hoped for the best and knew weather was coming in later in the week. Both of us got our bucks within 5 min of each other, real early. Justin laid down a nice 9 4x5 . I also, got a nice 8 4x4
View attachment 33237
View attachment 33238
I then hoped that the bucki really wanted would mess up and still be where we thought he was living.. On saturday we got some snow and I was able to get into his bedroom. He messed up and so did I. :eek: After taking the buck and getting close to him, I had a pretty bad fall. I still dont know why those damn rocks were so slick with all the snow on them. I wound up with a high ankle sprain and bruised shoulder. I had to call justin and he went and got a atv and came in to get me. Along with rescue squad. Which my wife had made a big deal about. I'm ok just bring me a ride. lol Some where in all this mess my memory card and batteries got knocked out of camera. I think that pissed me off more than getting hurt. Any way you'll have to put up with a few cell phone pic.
View attachment 33239

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 407
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
Back