Meeker CO area??

LongCut

Heading to CO for the first time this year after getting invited on an elk hunt. Private Property so we won't be invading your honey hole....

It looks like we will be spending a day or so in Meeker. Anything there I should make a point to see? Any spot I just have to eat at?? Trying to make the most of it because I don't know when I will be back again.

Also, I am seeing a lot about fires. Is that general area seeing any effects from this?

Definitely check out the Meeker Hotel (old, huge deer and elk mounts). I haven't had one in years, but Clark's used to make a fine hamburger.

Look up Strawberry Creek Road and take the road trip. Really pretty area. Mostly private there now. Back in the day, I used to hunt and in fact shot a cow as soon as I unhitched my camper. Great fishing in that area too.

I think the plan is to eat dinner at the Meeker Hotel and possibly stay the night there? Perhaps give Clark's a shot for a lunchtime burger.

Looking into Strawberry Creek Rd now. Thanks guys.

I think the plan is to eat dinner at the Meeker Hotel and possibly stay the night there? Perhaps give Clark's a shot for a lunchtime burger.

Looking into Strawberry Creek Rd now. Thanks guys.
Strawberry Creek Road now is on the map as County Road 7. Not sure if the old road signs are still up but it is the section of CR 7 that runs along Strawberry Creek. Locals in that area still call it Strawberry Creek Road. The mix of quakies and pines make that area a sight to see for sure.

If this were 20 years ago I would say that you definitely have to eat at The Last Chance....sadly they closed long ago. Best Mexican food around. The Meeker Hotel menu has changed a lot over the years, too. Used to have excellent chicken fried steak but alas, nothing stays the same.

There is Meeker Cafe which is where I used to eat at if it's still open. New one I saw last time I was in the area is La Famiglia which is Italian which opens after 4:30 in the evenings. They also have Wendy's, White River Museum to check out (not sure how good it is) and Watt's Ranch Market for shopping. Long time since I chowed down in Meeker and only had time to drive through last time. Can't vouch for any of these though because I have not chowed down or shopped in Meeker in years.

What private ground? I know of a piece that was beside the public we hunted that the lady would rent out to a bunch of people. Gayle was her first name I think.

Second the meeker hotel too.

Not sure if they be there now but there was a big sheep ranch off the county highway that went east to west from Meeker. I used to go through there to get to the BLM in the hills where the roads would not take me.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back