MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

MEATHEAD & FLIPPER

Elkhunter

If you are planning on getting here on Wednesday, I will take Thursday off so we can head out. After we set up camp, we can head out on the horses and have a look around.
cool.gif
That will give you an idea of the area and get you used to the horses a little.

If I can get Flipper on a plane. will be there on weds if he can get loose. Sure don't want to drive.

Of course MONEY will now be an issue.

We will have to look at the total costs of the trip flying v/s driving.

If we fly and kill that adds the extra cost of shipping meat back v/s driving.

If things do not change for me by then, the days spent driving will not matter for me...I do not have to ask to be off
tongue.gif

Hell, we saw several of those in November when we were there. Then they stood up and shook all the snow off and turned brown again. Hey, good luck you guys...

cool.gif

Well I guess you could call it public land being that it belongs to every citizen in the country.
smile.gif
She was in Grand Teton National Park in an area which does not alow any hunting. A good friend of mine saw her just down the street from here over the summer where he was building a house. I have not seen her since last winter myself. She is pretty cool looking though.
cool.gif

Yeah, it's still cool though.

If you had that late season cow tag and you saw her would you pull the trigger or would you have shot one of the regular cows?? It would be a tough one for me because that would probably be the only time I would ever see an elk like that, which is also why I might not shoot her. Oh well, I guess I don't have to worry about it.
biggrin.gif

I don't think I would. Yeah, I know, if I don't, someone else would. She has been around a lot of years and a lot of folks have enjoyed seeing her. I would like more to enjoy her.

Hey, to each their own. It would not bother me if someone else took her. That is just me. A lot of that feeling is because she is a park elk and a lot of locals and tourists have seen and enjoyed he. My thinking is, if I saw one 10 miles in where she isn't noticed, BANG!
smile.gif

Back