MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Meateater going private?

Growing Deer has some of the best habitat mgmt stuff out there. Grant Woods has a PhD in forestry and a biology background so he knows his stuff. But it doesn't have the most aesthetically pleasing production. And they're playing with 1000+ acres rather than 65.

I’m all for it. It’s a thousand times better than the majority of really bad hunting shows/content out there right now.

Anything where you could possibly learn something and make yourself better as a hunter or sportsman is very good thing IMO. Too many hunting shows that strictly show hunters just killing animals.

Not that interested in this show but it will appeal to lots of folks beyond the West. I don't see public and private habitat as opposing things. Different sides of the same coin, IMO.

Right, it's fine. I was just worried the next season of meateater was going to be this project alone, which was disappointing to me. It has been explained since that this is but one of many projects the meateater platform is doing. So hopefully they'll continue doing travel/adventure stuff that I find more illuminating.

My thread title was a bit misleading as to my concerns. Mods, delete as you see fit.

I don't think you'll have to worry too much about MeatEater the show changing. They are still producing content for Netflix although it would be nice to see new stuff since it's been like 2 years.

I think the side projects like the Back 40 and Das Boat are something to keep things flowing and keeping content out there. The YouTube game is all about views, shares, and likes. It also allows them to offer a little less refined content which I personally enjoy...take for example Randy's Day by Day hunts (most recently with EOD Ray) which aren't fully edited into an episode. You see more story and you don't have to wait for Netflix or Amazon to release a season of the fully edited stuff.

Also I wouldn't worry about the thread title...while a touch misleading I think the thread is a good one for discussion

I don't think you'll have to worry too much about MeatEater the show changing. They are still producing content for Netflix although it would be nice to see new stuff since it's been like 2 years.

Or not even a year lol... the last season was released in it's entirety on October 2, 2018. I can't even look at their feed on instagram anymore because it's all folks saying "OMG it's been forever"... all I'm saying is there must not be a lot of whitetail hunters that are meateater fans because the lack of patience is just astounding, it's gotta be all elk hunters.

You can't remember the last time you saw a TV??

A tv with an optical drive (dvd/blue ray) , most of my friends were getting everything from the internet or file sharing with torrents in college... so probably the last time I had one was 2005?

A tv with an optical drive (dvd/blue ray) , most of my friends were getting everything from the internet or file sharing with torrents in college... so probably the last time I had one was 2005?
Ahh. Sadly my computer has a CD/DVD drive. Heck I still have a 2000 denali with a tape player, and a CD player, and 6 CD changer. LOL.

Like a lot of their private land hunts on previous seasons, this will be easy to relate to for most hunters. This is what hunting is like for most hunters, not hunting public land out west. As everything they do, this should be good!

Ahh. Sadly my computer has a CD/DVD drive. Heck I still have a 2000 denali with a tape player, and a CD player, and 6 CD changer. LOL.

We still have my moms old sienna with a tape deck... the tape deck to iPhone adapter really makes you laugh.

I listened to the wired to hunt podcast on the back 40 project today. I like the idea. It’s taking a relatable and realistic situation and guiding people through the whole habitat process. I think it will strike a major cord with whitetail guys.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back