Meateater going private?

beginnerhunter

Weird flex but ok.

Seems like a backwards move. Grant Woods has been doing this very well for several years. Not sure why Meateater would want to enter this space. Although I don't know if I've ever seen the focus on such a small property.

I hate to break it to you, but they also released a fishing show...

I'm just busting your chops. I agree with the above, they are just trying to expand their audience and be relatable. Plus it seems like they're going at it from an educational point of view to teach others what it takes to manage their own property.

Smart move on their part. The truth is most hunting is done on private land, and most conservation takes place on private land. As much as everyone on here loves elk, when it comes to opportunities and dollars spent Whitetails are the most popular game in North America. I have actually had friends turn me down on invites to travel out west hunting because it would take their vacation time that they want to save to hunt whitetail. (They’re not sane btw) As far as it being a step backwards, they’ve never billed themselves as a public land only platform. Supportive of it for sure, but they sure have spent some time at Doug’s place the last few years! It’s just branching out to fill a different niche, a niche that just so happens to be a money maker!

Sure it's fine. I just always thought of meateater as the hunting equivalent of Anthony Bourdain, especially now that he's gone. Maybe Jim Shockey can fill that void but he isn't as interesting to me. Oh well, I'm sure I'll still watch it.

I look forward to watching the content. Dollar for dollar you're going to get far more out of travelling west to hunt vs. growing whitetails on a small farm. But if you've got the money, the ideal situation for a lot of people is to do both.

I'm pretty sure MeatEater hired/bought/partnered with Wired to Hunt (aka Mark Kenyon) last year as part of the whole Hunting Collective thing. I bet it'll be more interesting than anything Bill Jordan put out.

So maybe meateater is trying to develop spinoffs that serve as an extension of the overall brand? I could see how that might work. Sort of a network of related "shows" under the meateater umbrella.

Saw the 1st episode,looked based on conservation as well as public land hunting to me.
Where is Jim Shockey anyway? Last time I heard from him was a seminar he put on here
in Phx. at Sportmans Seminar. 🔥

Saw the 1st episode,looked based on conservation as well as public land hunting to me.
Where is Jim Shockey anyway? Last time I heard from him was a seminar he put on here
in Phx. at Sportmans Seminar. 🔥

I think he’s stuck in the purgatory of paid cable channels. Sportsman’s and outdoorsman are dead.

Lol he still sells DVDs of some of his content on his website. Not sure the last time I saw a computer with an optical drive let alone a TV.

I really liked uncharted but it’s impossible to stream, maybe on MoJo? but I’m not going to pay for that garbage.

I'm cool with it up until they start naming bucks. :rolleyes::)
Years ago I would've agreed, trail cams changed that for me. Now I’m an unabashed deer namer. Once you realize there are a dz different 8 points crossing your property it makes conversations much less confusing. Brother- “I had that 8 point you’ve been seeing show up on my place” Me- “Which one? The one with the broken G2, the short brows, one of those two that hang out down on the south end, the wide one, or the old one with the droopy ear?” Even as annoying as some people make it, assigning a moniker makes it less confusing to the property managers is all.

I think he’s stuck in the purgatory of paid cable channels. Sportsman’s and outdoorsman are dead.

Probably going to be a lot of folks lost in the shuffle to streaming. Sounds like meateater is trying to stay ahead of it. I do hope they keep doing the far flung travel episodes. I'm not going to eat things like monkey but I still want to know what it's like!

Hard to call it a backwards move when they are hands down leading the outdoor content game. Thoughtful production and no stupid guitar scores jamming up my ears, I'm pumped about the various avenues they are going down. It shows creativity in a space where it is sorely lacking. (y)

Weird flex but ok.

Seems like a backwards move. Grant Woods has been doing this very well for several years. Not sure why Meateater would want to enter this space. Although I don't know if I've ever seen the focus on such a small property.

He's sill on You Tube with Das Boat and Back40.And still owes me a Das Boat keychain for the
Pics I sent in of my aluminum boat that was picked up and wrapped around a tree.Big sledge
and lots of silicone and she's back on the water. 🔥

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back