Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Meat Processing in Montana

elk_hunter

Disclaimer: I am posting this with Randy's permission ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi gang, I wanted to let you know that my parents (Doug & Meg) recently bought Budget Game Processing in Belgrade, Montana. Many know the prior owner shut it down while he was transitioning out of the business and it was operating in a reduced capacity last season. There are currently much needed maintenance and upgrades underway so please pardon the dust and availability.

While most things are staying the same (preserving tradition, process, recipes and such), the business has a new name: Bridger Mtn Meats and is still located at 4110 Thorpe Road, Belgrade, Montana, 59714. Why the name change? Dad and mom have expanded to include domestic animal processing in addition to wild game and they wanted a more representative name for all things meat (cutting & processing).

Some of the differences involve expanded services including a truck & trailer setup to handle mobile jobs and the business has shifted to year-round operation (instead of only fall seasons). Dad has also added some flavor options on the processing side if you are looking for something new (with samples to try)!

Two other items of note are:
1) the option to do rush orders (for example, someone needs to leave town quickly and wants to drive their meat with them instead of shipping)
2) the option for after-hours intake (for example, if someone hauls an animal out late at night)

Finally, if anyone has suggestions or stops by and has a negative experience, please feel free to ping me directly, as we would like to make it right.

Cheers,
Jason

Bridger Mtn Meats logo.jpg

Good luck. I hope they do well. I tried Budget before I started doing my own brats and was less than thrilled with the product. They might want to rethink sticking with their recipes. I've only found one processor in the valley I really like but refuse to go back because he's an ahole and drinks a bit too much while working for me to feel comfortable with his operation. I'll give your folks a shot if I'm in a bind and don't have the time to make my own brats or sausage.

Good luck to your parents! I don't hunt in that area but if I did I'd try them!

We use budget quite a bit never had anything bad to say but we will be there this fall thanks for the update.

Are they wrapping or vacuum sealing? Also what will the Promo Randy get us? In all seriousness, if they are looking to expand recipes, give Nowicki's In Alpena, MI a call. They have sausage figured out. Best I have ever tried, hands down.http://m.nowickissausage.com/?url=http://nowickissausage.com/&utm_referrer=#2740

They do both; cutting and wrapping is an option and if you get brats/grillers/slim jims/pepperoni sticks, those are vacuum sealed.

As for a promo, that's actually been something we've been talking about but haven't settled on anything just yet ;)

Very cool, thank you for the suggestion about the meats in MI!

If they will vacuum seal it sound like I will be stopping in! It's on the way back by the looks of it. When they get thier pricing figured out shoot me a PM with it.

I always used Budget when the weather was too warm during elk archery, they always did a good job. This year it was cold enough to do my own, but will definitely give them a try.

I do have some "grind piles" from various animals that I haven't gotten to yet, would they take that in and make jerky or snack sticks or does it have to be fresh and not previously frozen?

Redside, very cool. You bet, you can take your grind piles in - it's easiest on the crew if you have 10lb increments so they don't have to scale ingredients. It's no issue to have frozen versus fresh - just give them a call and they can advise on if they want it thawed or not.

Back