Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Meat Hunt

jlong17

Has anyone ever done one of the Idaho OTC August elk hunts that have the restrictions of being within 1 mile of private crops? My goal for this hunt would be to simply put meat in the freezer. I just don't know if I will have decent odds at doing this being that the season is August 1-30, and my hunting grounds are limited to within 1 mile of private crops. I'll be hunting the southern portion of the state. Any insight and/or pointers is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading

look at the properties on the website listed for hunting access yes I believe many of those are ranches with crop damage issues also the weiser unit would be good to check out too

Why are you looking at the August time frame? Is that based on your work schedule or something? That can be a tough time to find elk and with the ag fields they can be there one day and gone the next.

Why are you looking at the August time frame? Is that based on your work schedule or something? That can be a tough time to find elk and with the ag fields they can be there one day and gone the next.

August is the date of the hunt... I haven't purchased the tag yet because I wasn't sure if it would be like you say, there one day and gone the next. I'll probably pass on the tag the more and more I look into it. I am just trying to find the best odds at harvesting a cow elk!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back