Yeti GOBOX Collection

Meat hauling pack $250 budget

I'll put a vote in for the Cabela's Alaskan Guide frame. I Picked one up years ago for $50 used, and strapped all my gear onto it with bungee cords for multi-night trips. Worked Great, and hauls a heavy load really well.

There is great condition MR longbow listed on AT right now...250. That’s a solid pack on the older nice frame. It can haul more than you can carry
I am not familiar with AT? Which site is that? Sorry for my newbness. I was looking at the new Cabela's Multi-Day pack at $219, but apparently that is too heavy at 7lbs 15oz for a pack that has 2500-4000 cubic inches of volume. I looked up the MR Beartooth 80 and it is only 6.7 lbs with 5,187 cubic inches of volume.

I am not familiar with AT? Which site is that? Sorry for my newbness. I was looking at the new Cabela's Multi-Day pack at $219, but apparently that is too heavy at 7lbs 15oz for a pack that has 2500-4000 cubic inches of volume. I looked up the MR Beartooth 80 and it is only 6.7 lbs with 5,187 cubic inches of volume.

Archery talk

How do u like your sawtooth? That is the size I am leaning towards. Not to big to hump on a day trip, but big enough I could do a couple day trip in the future without having to buy another pack.
I wont really have that answer until I hunt with it. I bought it for a day pack that had meat hauling capability. Seems to just what I wanted. Im sure as with most of my equipment its capabilities will far out weigh my capabilities. Best.

I’ll say it again, Eberlestock mainframe with a dry bag. 5 pound setup. Will be around $230 and you could pack more meat than you are physically capable of holding. up to 700 pounds. They made a video demonstrating as much.

I use the Alps Hybrid X, that just came out last year I believe. I've comfortably carried my field gear, plus up to 100lbs. of additional weight reasonably comfortable. By reasonably comfortable, I mean, I've carried a sack of sand that carried well and was comfortable, but I also carried once 2, 50lb. salt/mineral blocks and that wasn't the most comfortable experience with the pack. I've packed out a few whitetails with it, no complaints.

Hauled a bunch of stuff (meat n gear) in an ALICE pack when I was in the Corps. My first “hunting” pack was a Cabela’s Alaskan pack frame I picked up at their Bargain Cave about 15 years ago. Have had some good, more expensive packs since then but that one is still going strong for training n straight load hauling

Well i pulled the trigger on a Barely (that I can tell) used Mystery Ranch Selway 60 from a member here. Got the pack and man am I impressed. I loaded a 40# sack of chicken feed onto the pack that I have been using to train with in my old army alice ruck for a walk around the property. Felt weight is drastically reduced. My next question is does anyone have a really good video on how to properly adjust a pack like this to fit me correctly. I've never used a pack like this. Alice packs with nylon web belts are as advanced as I have used. I have watched a bunch of review videos on how the pack breaks down and such, but wading through all of those videos I can't find anything that shows a noob step by step where the back height should be adjusted to on a person with loadlifters and such. I thought I had it pretty nice until I put that sack in it and it hung different so I adjusted it some more and it was awesome, but I'm thinking I can probably dial it in a lot better then I know how.

Well i pulled the trigger on a Barely (that I can tell) used Mystery Ranch Selway 60 from a member here. Got the pack and man am I impressed. I loaded a 40# sack of chicken feed onto the pack that I have been using to train with in my old army alice ruck for a walk around the property. Felt weight is drastically reduced. My next question is does anyone have a really good video on how to properly adjust a pack like this to fit me correctly. I've never used a pack like this. Alice packs with nylon web belts are as advanced as I have used. I have watched a bunch of review videos on how the pack breaks down and such, but wading through all of those videos I can't find anything that shows a noob step by step where the back height should be adjusted to on a person with loadlifters and such. I thought I had it pretty nice until I put that sack in it and it hung different so I adjusted it some more and it was awesome, but I'm thinking I can probably dial it in a lot better then I know how.
I am sure there is a video on YouTube from Randy Newberg-Hunter, GoHunt, Mystery Ranch themselves and some others on the Selaway or other MR packs that are on the same frame. Congrats on finding a deal on a pack that will serve you well at a price that you were able to pay. I myself am on the same search, but with my finances tight and jumping on a deal on a .300 WSM ($300 off) that I have on layaway, I may have to go very basic external frame pack like some have suggested. Good luck this upcoming seasons and many to follow with your new pack.

I am sure there is a video on YouTube from Randy Newberg-Hunter, GoHunt, Mystery Ranch themselves and some others on the Selaway or other MR packs that are on the same frame. Congrats on finding a deal on a pack that will serve you well at a price that you were able to pay. I myself am on the same search, but with my finances tight and jumping on a deal on a .300 WSM ($300 off) that I have on layaway, I may have to go very basic external frame pack like some have suggested. Good luck this upcoming seasons and many to follow with your new pack.

Yeah I'm not sure why i had such a brain fart. I was searching too vague I should have known I could just type in exactly what I wanted and youtube would have what I wanted.

Yeah I'm not sure why i had such a brain fart. I was searching too vague I should have known I could just type in exactly what I wanted and youtube would have what I wanted.
Yes sir, YouTube is a wonderful tool even though they are Anti 2nd Amendment. My Dad who is a technology dinosaur like he usually says and enjoys looking up stuff on how to fix things.

;) I LOVE my Horn Hunter Main Beam. For a day pack or even for a 3-5 day pack it works astonishing well! The best part about that pack is they are only $150 leaving you a nice chunk of change leftover for something else you may n

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back