Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Meanwhile in Kentucky

EKYHunter

This old boy went to Indiana, killed him a “trophy,” brought it back to Kentucky, checked the deer in as if he killed it in Kentucky, and then tried to enjoy his fame. Didn’t last long though. Who even thinks to do this kind of crap? My reputation and integrity are worth more than any deer or elk.

Among other things, the language DIY seems odd. It was supposedly a stand in his back yard on a five acre plot over a salt lick or other minerals. Then turns out from a high fence farm.

Not many five acre plots produce any trophies, much less the multiple trophies he claims over a few years.

Wow, another crazy deer and an equally crazy story to go with it!

Depends on where those five acres are I guess. With the hunting pressure we have near me, the right five acres of private can be better hunting than 50+ acres of highly pressured public. If that five backs up to a park, preserve, or other sanctuary it can hunt a whole lot better/bigger.

Everyone trying to get their 15 minutes of fame... And it sounds like he was busted after 15 minutes haha

Great buck and a gripping story. He felt his dad's presence. How touching. There's also the intense stalk. With a herniated disc no less.

It may just be me, but I don't find a deer with that type of Antler and all those weird points attractive at all. To each his own, and It's only my opinion. That just looks freakish and unnatural. I've never seen on in person, but seems to me that the deer would struggle a bit with all that extra weight. I guess all that extra neck muscle would be nice for burgers....lol

This old boy went to Indiana, killed him a “trophy,” brought it back to Kentucky, checked the deer in as if he killed it in Kentucky, and then tried to enjoy his fame. Didn’t last long though. Who even thinks to do this kind of crap? My reputation and integrity are worth more than any deer or elk.
Wow

Nothing does not equal something.
This guy is able bodied, shooting a weapon meant to make it possible to hunt in archery season for those who cannot shoot a hand-held bow. That says a lot to me about what other shortcuts he might take. His case strengthens my feelings on this issue.
I'm with @mulecreek on this, and I am not surprised he did it with a crossbow.

Also, what a douche.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back