Yeti GOBOX Collection

May Be Moving To Billings

Jezz

Does anyone have any insight to finding homes for rent in Billings? I have been scouring the net, most are dumps. I want to find a home, preferably out of town on some acreage as I have a bunch of toys and 2 labs. Everything I see is in town. My wife will probably rent an apartment for awhile until I can get everything in order here as we own a home here. Prefer to rent as I already have 2 properties and own a home in ID and probably take forever to sell the damn thing and swinging 2 mortgages isn't fun, done it before.

I would continue to try property management companies and see if they have anything that meets your criteria. Rentals seem to come open more often around May with people changing schools, jobs, etc....
I recently moved and the rental prospects were a bit bleak. I ended up finding a vacant house that had been for sale for a long time. I contacted the owner and they agreed to take it off the market for a year while we rented. They were glad to do so because they had it listed for almost a year with no takers. We are paying 1800 but it allows me to have some of my toys as well. Good luck

....not from Billings, but try looking at foreclosures maybe, and/or renting from the bank on a bank owned? Lawnboy has a nice idea talking to owners of vacant properties too.

thanks guys. Not real excited about Billings, but there are plenty of other places I wouldn't want to be..........like anything east of KS :D

Depending on how far of a commute you want, you could look around Laurel and points south.

Billings is a great staging point. Lots of good hunting all around for big game, waterfowl and upland.

Depending on how far of a commute you want, you could look around Laurel and points south.

Billings is a great staging point. Lots of good hunting all around for big game, waterfowl and upland.

Defintely agree. Looks west of town if you are looking for acreage..all the way to Laurel. Or the opposite direction towards Huntley/Shepard.

I grew up there, and it wouldn't be my first choice in the state...but I could definitely live there again. Billings is a great location for all around hunting.

Defintely agree. Looks west of town if you are looking for acreage..all the way to Laurel. Or the opposite direction towards Huntley/Shepard.

I grew up there, and it wouldn't be my first choice in the state...but I could definitely live there again. Billings is a great location for all around hunting.

Thanks guys. Me and my wife were talking and Bozeman could be an option too, she will probably get an apartment in Billings then once she figures out her territory we can decide what fits best as far as location. I agree there are tons of huntin/fishin opportunities around Billings and it has some similarities to Boise, which I not a huge fan of Boise but love the surrounding areas. I have hunted out of Winnett (CMR) a few times and hunted lopes outside Roundup 2 years ago, probably some of the funnest terrain I have hunted.

Bozeman to Billings can be a wicked commute in the winter. 100 miles of blowing snow and ice. Livingston could be an option, but you're still going to have to negotiate the I-90 corridor.

Pharmaceutical sales. Billings is probably the best bet as it is most centrally located to be able to service MT, WY and SD. Lots and lots of stuff to figure out over the next couple of months. I hate moving. But excited about the new adventure.

Billings is just fine... like said above, its not my first choice, but it sure isn't my last choice! The ONLY thing I really dont like about it, is the wind. I live out near Laurel... up on some flat stuff...and it is FUGGIN windy... all the dang time!! (well...90%)...

Yeah, as for rentals... Columbus to Billings and over to Custer.... all easy commutes... Laurel is a good bet though... sure doesn't feel like you are in the biggest city in the state when you are over towards Laurel.

Good Luck

Try contacting Ruth Egan with Hamway(should finder her with Hamway Realtors). She has a good grasp of rental properties in Billings. If she personally doesn't have any available then I know she can point you in the right direction.

Try contacting Ruth Egan with Hamway(should finder her with Hamway Realtors). She has a good grasp of rental properties in Billings. If she personally doesn't have any available then I know she can point you in the right direction.

Now that is what I am looking for! Thanks for the tip! I will give her a call. I plan on going over there in the next month to do some scouting and it will be nice to have a contact that maybe can have several possibilities lined up for me so I am not aimlessly driving around looking for rentals. I have relo packages being sent tome from Billings and Laurel, don't expect them to be of much help, but every little bit helps. thanks again Sweetnectar.

Back