Matthews Switchback XT?

Coues Sniper

Hey all, i was looking for a new bow, and had heard some good things about the Switchback XT but wanted to know if anyone here shoots one and had liked/disliked it and why. Any help you could give would be great! By the way, i'm not sold on Mathews in any way, just looking for a nice, quiet, good shooting bow. Thanks for any help and good luck this season.

I have the Switchback and the Switchback XT and I prefer the XT I really like the way it feels it has virtually no vibration in the riser when you shoot and is just comfortable to me. But I would shoot as many different bows as you can and see which one feels the best for you.

According to the guy that owns the bow shop I go to the Hoyt Vectrix is the best bow Hoyt has ever put out. As soon as I get 5 seconds I'm going to try it out. The owner is very excited about this bow and he is a good guy, he's not just trying to sell high $$$$ bows.

I haven't shot a switchback XT, but I can tell you straight away the grip sucks on it.

Bows are a matter of personal preferance, if your serious about whats comfortable to you go somewhere you can shoot several different brands and see what you like the best before making your choice. No one can tell you what to shoot, you have to experience them yourself and see what you like/dislike.

I agree, bows are definately a personal preference. Problem is, there is NO good bow shop here in Las Vegas. There's a Bass Pro shops, but they are very limited in what bows, let alone what brands, they carry or can get for you. (If it's not in the catalog, you're S.O.L.) I have heard about some very good things about the Vectrix as well. I just wanted to know if anybody loved or hated the XT before i went through the trouble of finding one to shoot. I shoot a PSE Stingray right now, it's an ok bow. I just want to upgrade and would rather not get another PSE bow. Thanks for all the imput, and feel free to leave more!

Mathews makes good products as does hoyt as does bowtech etc......if your limited in resources then I geuss just pick one and learn to shoot it, thats about it.

If you ever get up to SLC, there's quite a few shops up this way that have indoor ranges for trying out different brands. I'm hoping to do some shopping for a new bow next spring as the 12yo Martin could use an upgrading.

I'm getting a new bow also and I'll probably shoot both the Mathews and the Hoyt Vectrix. I did talk to the guy at the local shop and he said the Hoyt Vectrix has the upper hand on tuning. Plus, I noticed the grip on the Mathews is awful big. Might have some problems with hand torque.

I have a Mathews Switchback XT and it's a great bow. In fact I'm very happy with it. That said, I think you should listen to the above advice and check out as many bows as you can before deciding which bow to purchase. What works for me may not be the best choice for you.

I use my XT is strickly for elk hunting. For deer I still prefer the simplicity of my Martin Savannah longbow.

I checked out the new Mathews Drenaline this weekend pretty nice and light will be shooting one this week may be my new x-mas present.

yeah the drenaline is pretty cool, my local shop has had one in for sometime now, makes you wonder how well the limbs will be there pretty thin, of course I am sure they feild tested it for awhile, but still seems skimpy

I shot about 10 bows prior to bow season this year---the top 3 in my estimation were Bowtech, Ross and Mathews. The difference between the Mathews Switchback and the Drenalin was not enough to write home about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back