MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Matt Rinella knocking it outta the park

Yes, Cam Hanes, Aron Snyder and Joe Rogan have better bods than Randy Newberg.

But very similar in a few ways Matt Rinella alludes to. Killing way more meat than he can eat. Tag hogging for media reasons.

Randy is also responsible for the busy trailhead problem.

I just find it odd that some above like Matt Rinella's logic. But don't find Randy Newberg to be responsible in the same way as Steve, Cam & Joe. Randy may be even more responsible.
When was the last time Joe or cam rolled up their sleeves to protect what they claim to love. They don't it's all money and likes for cam and Joe is just Joe. You either walk the walk and talk the talk or you don't and just abuse the resource for personal gain. Are you that blind?

I personally think we as hunters are gonna need Randy, Matt, Steve, Cam, Joe Rogan and every other pro-hunting voice with a media following to take on the extremely well-funded national anti-hunting movement setting up shop in Colorado, Oregon, and Washington. These alternative media outlets are going to be critical in getting a positive message out to the masses. Don’t think for one second that the mainstream media will give hunters a fair shake. The mainstream media outlets will continue to parrot anti-hunting narratives and vilify hunters.

I personally think we as hunters are gonna need Randy, Matt, Steve, Cam, Joe Rogan and every other pro-hunting voice with a media following to take on the extremely well-funded national anti-hunting movement setting up shop in Colorado, Oregon, and Washington. These alternative media outlets are going to be critical in getting a positive message out to the masses. Don’t think for one second that the mainstream media will give hunters a fair shake. The mainstream media outlets will continue to parrot anti-hunting narratives and vilify hunters.

i generally agree. but that doesn't mean i don't wish cam's social media would irreversibly disappear from the world. he's making hunters more douchey, but at least he's keeping people passionate about hunting. the stark difference is he's not creating or converting people into nuanced thinkers and stewards like steve and randy are.

what hurts hunters the most is not cam, joe, steve, or randy, it's derek wolfe posting photos of shooting a mountain lion in colorado. it's endless instagrams of non-famous, semi-famous, and very famous people, particularly those with very large followers of non hunters posting grip and grins with little context and little care for the sensitivity of the activity they take part in. it's don jr. being frank about his hunting - that alone stirs up groups to simply hate it because he likes it. those pictures end up in the news and cause firestorms in groups of frankly ridiculously ignorant people that are aghast at what they're seeing and won't take time to understand it. it creates dry tinder for fringe groups to light fires and pass ballot initiatives.

as much as joe is pretty obnoxious about hunting i do give him some pretty non insignificant credit for talking and posting about the food aspect of it more than the trophy aspect of it and that dude has a massive massive following.

as sensitive as people are becoming to R3 i'd take crowded trailheads and lower draw odds 10 times out of 10 if what that means is having huge and growing numbers of influential, thoughtful, caring, passionate hunters defending hunting and voting for hunting all the while informing and showing non hunters what hunting is and especially what hunting is not to help to prevent the continual and seemingly inevitable chipping away at the very ability to hunt at all.

Last edited:
Randy doesn’t have the fan following that Joe and Cam have. There are multiple media platforms forms but using IG as an example Joe has 18 million followers, Cam 1.5 million and Randy has 146k.

Randy doesn’t have the influence the others have to say he’s the problem.

i generally agree. but that doesn't mean i don't wish cam's social media would irreversibly disappear from the world. he's making hunters more douchey, but at least he's keeping people passionate about hunting. but he's not creating nuanced thinkers and stewards like steve and randy are.
This 100% I hunted my whole life in my little box of hunting never thinking of the resource as something that could disappear or be abused. Randy and Steve were the first hunting content creators that got my wheels turning about more than just on how sweet of a buck this guy is gonna shoot.

In my opinion Cam filming himself running up hills with a rock, 130 yard shots, lifting, and the 5 $30,000 bulls he kills every fall does absolutely nothing for the future of hunting. Same with Rogan pretending to be a hunter.

We should have good voices advocating for hunting, and I think Randy and Steve do that very well. But we also need to be realistic of the huge impacts that hunting media has on western hunting. Overcrowding and overharvest will hurt most hunters a lot more than the anti hunting movement will.

I’m not all caught up on Randy’s content but unless I missed it he doesn’t have a video of Mathew beating him with a stick while doing pulls ups to get in shape for a private land ATV elk hunt.
If you happen to stumble across this episode can you share it. It’s one I’d be willing to pay for the subscription for just for the fact that it’s making fun of those other hammer heads.

cause Randy's not cool man. Men and woman that follow randy are hunting nerds. Bros and broets follow the rest cause their cool.
Randy doesn’t have the fan following that Joe and Cam have. There are multiple media platforms forms but using IG as an example Joe has 18 million followers, Cam 1.5 million and Randy has 146k.

Randy doesn’t have the influence the others have to say he’s the problem.

Certainly on my last tag. lol
But the way it looks I might be buying points for tags I’ll never put in for.

“Don’t hate the playa, hate the game.”
A unit I was hoping to draw got burned and now is likely forever out of reach. Only so many 0-1 point 1st rifle units out there. After that episode the point creep only went up substantially. Not sure why the in depth details on season and required points are always a must when producing a show.

Reactions: OMB
Yes, Cam Hanes, Aron Snyder and Joe Rogan have better bods than Randy Newberg.

But very similar in a few ways Matt Rinella alludes to. Killing way more meat than he can eat. Tag hogging for media reasons.

Randy is also responsible for the busy trailhead problem.

I just find it odd that some above like Matt Rinella's logic. But don't find Randy Newberg to be responsible in the same way as Steve, Cam & Joe. Randy may be even more responsible.
you look at their bods? That says something about you.

You are not wrong though, Randy is greatly helpful in ruining a variety of choice public land hunting spots with good intentions, in a nice and friendly way. :)

He does offset that with a ton of work and leadership in hunting/wildlife for the average public land hunter.

Rinella is poetic in his description of Joe Rogan, that he HAS NEVER BEEN HUNTING. And that Cam Hanes parent's didn't clap enough for him when they were potty training him.

It is such good stuff.

In my opinion Cam filming himself running up hills with a rock, 130 yard shots, lifting, and the 5 $30,000 bulls he kills every fall does absolutely nothing for the future of hunting. Same with Rogan pretending to be a hunter.

We should have good voices advocating for hunting, and I think Randy and Steve do that very well. But we also need to be realistic of the huge impacts that hunting media has on western hunting. Overcrowding and overharvest will hurt most hunters a lot more than the anti hunting movement will.
I nominate @Greenhorn, they’ll F’n love him 🙂

I honestly can’t tell you much about Cam’s films or media as I haven’t seen much, if any. But I think your last statement is dead wrong if you live and/or hunt in Colorado or Washington. I’m not saying overharvest and overcrowding aren’t issues but they really don’t matter when hunting is eliminated from wildlife management. Once they have successfully established a “trophy hunting” ban on one species through ballot initiative or a favorable wildlife commission, the “trophy hunting” moniker will be extended to other species (bear, sheep, deer, elk and antelope) allowing them to reach the long term goal of eliminating hunting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back