Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Mathews Z7

MTHunter1321

Does anyone shoot or have shot a Mathews Z7, from around 2010? I found a used one that has my interest and felt pretty nice shooting. I currently have a Mathews LX from either 03 or 04. Could I expect much difference in the 2? I’m currently looking at needing to put $2-300 into my LX for new strings, rest, and whatnot. This Z7 comes fully loaded with everything for $450.

I used to shoot the DXT, which is the year prior model. It was a good bow and I had no complaints. I bought the ZXT, 2013 model. They make good hunting bows!

Difference is quite a lot between those years. Just dont test drive a triax or you'll be forking out even more money. 🤑

I had a Z7 from 2010-2018. Was a great bow. I sold it when I bought the halon last summer. The z7 is a great bow. 450 loaded is a fair price for both parties. I sold mine for 550 but i included an SKB hard case with it

I had a Z7 from 2010-2018. Was a great bow. I sold it when I bought the halon last summer. The z7 is a great bow. 450 loaded is a fair price for both parties. I sold mine for 550 but i included an SKB hard case with it
This one comes with a case, arrows, and release. I’ll be the first to admit I’m not very experienced when it comes to archery tackle. What should I look at on this bow to determine if it’s still in good condition or if it’s on the verge of being crap?

This one comes with a case, arrows, and release. I’ll be the first to admit I’m not very experienced when it comes to archery tackle. What should I look at on this bow to determine if it’s still in good condition or if it’s on the verge of being crap?
Check for any paint chips or scuffs on the riser, limbs, and cam/wheel. All of my bows maybe had a mark or two and that’s it
- all were well used and well cared for. This bow is getting older so it might show a bit more wear. See how frayed the string and serving are. Hopefully they’re in good shape. Make sure you shoot it first too. Good luck!

It might sound obvious but make sure it’s your draw length as well. Some of them older bows from Mathews can be harder to get a cam for since they don’t have adjustable draw lengths. I would mostly focus on the string and limb condition. Any kind of fraying in the string will be immediate cause for replacement. Bring a que tip and run it down the edges of the limbs as well in both directions. If there is any kind of limb damage the fuzz will start fraying on the que tip or catch a crack.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back