Marsupial Bino Harness

Flatlander3

I was set on purchasing the Marsupial bino harness, then I listened to the recent Rokslide bino harness podcast, which brought up not being 100% enclosed with the sides being open allowing dust/dirt/snow in. I never realized this but is a very good point that is making me second guess.

Has this been an issue for anyone that has this harness?

There is a bino harness thread on here you should check out.

I have an antagonistic relationship with oak brush and alders so I went with AGC.

My BIL has FHF, our buddy has marsupial, I have AGC. They all work well, if you have taller binos like swaro or vortex razors the marsupials fit pretty tight so it’s pretty unlikely you would get dust or dirt in your binos... but you will 100% get twigs in your case if you plow though a thicket.

Kuiu's suck.

ive had marsupials for two years now with the added range finder pocket. i have yet to find any issues with them. now i'm an eastern stand hunter but rain and snow have never gotten to mine

I love mine. No issues at all here but i also use caps on the binos themselves as well, even when in the harness.

I just finished my 1st season with the Marsupial, and I haven't had any issues. I do however have my caps on (the ocular caps, not the objectives) my Viper 10x50s that I leave on when I'm storing them or when going through thick brush/bad weather, but the rest of the time I leave the flap open and love the quick access to my binoculars

I went with the outdoor vision setup and have been very happy. Brother in law has marsupial and loves his, wife FHF setup and loves hers. Kinda like backpacks it seems like, if you choose to go with one of the top 3 or 4 companies I'm sure it'll workout for you.

Was a little skeptical about the openings on the side at first, but I am very happy with my Marsupial harness after using it. Love how the flap folds forward out of the way instead of toward the chest and always in the way of pulling your binos out.

Love how the flap folds forward out of the way instead of toward the chest and always in the way of pulling your binos out.

That’s the best thing about the Marsupial.

I crawled all over Eastern Wyoming wearing mine and no dust issues and I don’t keep the caps on mine. The bino harness is perfect in every way. Phone sits perfect in the pocket on back side of harness and I keep my license in the front zipper pocket.

Only gripe with the range finder pocket is that if you let it go on it’s own the magnet makes a noticeable (to me) click noise. I’m sure the animals don’t hear it but I do and it drives me nuts.

They're a good harness but you will get snow in them if you are belly crawling or sliding around in fine snow. I had to get a few snowballs out of the bottom of mine half way through the day. Overall, I'm really happy with the Marsupial. They worked like a charm in Wyoming in October and they will go on that trip every time.
I'm going to throw down on the AGC harness for next year's November rifle hunts in the snow.

Another +1 with no issues. I love mine, been using it for over a year now and haven't gotten any debris in there.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back