Marias River WMA Montana

I think last year 76 applications for 30 bow hunts and 650+ for 30 rifle hunts. these may not be right on but they are close...

Hey whitetail185 I sat in on one of FWP meetings about the 3 week season. Fish and Duck wanted to make it a 5 week season, but all the landowners at the meeting said they were sick of hunters after 3 weeks and if they went to five they would close their land. Like I said I was at the meeting and heard it for myself.

Ya thats what i figured but all landowners across the state feel the same but only these 4 disricts have a 3 week season and 90% don't let any one hunt anyway, uless block management pays for it. so it looks like those districts have great landowner /fwp relationship, the only thing they forgot was the hunter ooops

Hey whitetail185 I sat in on one of FWP meetings about the 3 week season. Fish and Duck wanted to make it a 5 week season, but all the landowners at the meeting said they were sick of hunters after 3 weeks and if they went to five they would close their land. Like I said I was at the meeting and heard it for myself.

Thats exactly what a bio told me years ago when I hunted up there.

you will soon know if you won the marias river lottery, lets keep in touch on how we do in the drawing and the killing

If you get drawn you will get a letter in the mail later this summer outlining the accesses and your dates you were selected for. If you were not drawn you will not hear anything at all.

Does anyone know if this was the first year they advertised it on the fwp site? I could swear I didn't see it posted last year.

I put in as well, hopefully someone here draws so we know when the letters get mailed out.

I will be joining in on the party September 22 - October 5 as well. Jeez. Did they give out all the permits for these dates?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back